Four Seasons on the South West of the island is simply the best. During my stay I've toured the entire island, stopping at any hotel that looks any good, as they are normally perfectly positioned beach-wise,and this is my favourite. The beach is not Lazare, its Petit Anse. As a day visitor all the staff were super friendly with good vibes, the hotel is beautiful with amazing pool area bang on the beach. Again, thank you to the superb staff throughout the property, who set this hotel apart from all others. The beach is probably the best on the island for snorkeling, like diving into an aquarium! Go to the left side and swim along the rocks and you'll be blown away! They have outdoor showers with environmentally friendly shower gel, infused with flowers grown on the property. The food looks amazing but didn't sample any due to the prices and conversion back to ZAR. Prices are decent relative to other restaurants. So, in a nutshell, if you're planning a romantic getaway or honeymoon where you can just chill and enjoy, this is the place to be. Truly deserving 5 stars. Room rates not too bad either, again relative to other hotels.
Other hotels which were good include Constance Ephilia and Le Meriden Fishermans Cove
Whilst on the topic of Seychelles I would highly recommend a day trip to Anse Major on the north side of the island. Drive through Beau Vallin, through Bel Ombré and keep going till the road ends and the path begins. An amazing 25 min walk will bring you to one of the most beautiful beaches on Mahe. Well worth it! Enjoy
Last note...everything is pretty expensive here so don't be surprised. If you're a smoker I'd highly recommend some duty free smokes and while you're at it a couple bottles of your favourite spirits.
Car rental...I researched alot and found Alpha Cars to be the cheapest, 30 euro pd, and their service was excellent
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Venere, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Escapio and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island