My wife and I spent five nights at this resort on the last leg of our South Africa/Seychelles honeymoon. We had a hilltop villa and were astounded at the view on arrival: it was incredible! Lush jungle and tall cliffs all around, with Petite Anse a perfect sliver of white sand at the bottom of the bay - just fantastic.
The villas are very well furnished and huge inside and out - the gazebo and the pool area are particularly impressive. We spent most of the days sunbathing, swimming in our pool and gazing at THAT VIEW!
We ate in the resort each night. Overall the food was good, but not great. The buffet night at Kannel restaurant was excellent, but the a la carte was a bit disappointing as the small portions left us quite hungry after the meal. The Zez sushi lounge is a great option to have, but could be expanded to make it more of a restaurant in itself. We also had a meal in our villa. The staff did a great job of setting up a lovely romantic table on the verandah, but the food itself was quite ordinary considering the price. Dining is definitely something the hotel should look to improve, as it doesn't meet the high standards set by the rest of the resort.
The spa, on the other hand, was just fantastic - you couldn't get a better location and the treatments are wonderful. Enjoying a post-massage bath watching the sun set over the Indian Ocean is something we will never forget.
Finally, it's worth mentioning that the staff really do go out of their way to make your stay perfect. As an example, the barman at Kannel bar let us stay after the bar closed to finish our game of pool and even arranged for room service to send us some more Seybrew beers - really impressive service!
All in all this is a great place and a holiday you'll never forget. One final tip - the Creole mojitos at Kannel bar are definitely worth a try!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Priceline, Expedia, Venere, TripOnline SA and Escapio so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island