We spent the first half of our honeymoon at this hotel. We were very impressed on arrival, we were offered cool drinks and several key members of staff introduced themselves to us before we were whisked off to our room. They had made a special effort to cater for my husband's food allergy which was appreciated.
We paid for a hill top villa, ours was probably the lowest of all within this price range but it did seem to be a little more private (nearly all the villas are overlooked by the spa at the top of the resort) The accommodation was of a very high standard and looked beautiful. We were welcomed with a honeymoon cake, fresh fruit, pink champagne and a lovely full bath.
The standard of cleaning was a minor let down. Whilst the room wasn't dirty there were little grubby bits on the floor in places and odd smear marks on some of the windows, it wouldn't have been hard to avoid this! Similarly we weren't very impressed by housekeeping. The lounger cushions by the pool were put away in the evenings (except for a day when they forgot!). On a few days housekeeping didn't visit us until around 4pm, this is not ideal if you want to spend the day in your villa with no outdoor towels and an unclean pool. Similarly, the cover on the gazebo bed was never changed and was increasingly covered in little lizard poops!
The buggy service which you cannot live without was generally very good with buggys arriving within 10 minutes, on a couple of occasions we were waiting for nearly half an hour though, again a minor issue which the hotel could have easily dealt with! The drivers were lovely and friendly though!
The biggest disappointment for us was the in resort dining options. The restaurants are priced along the same lines as fine dining establishments in the uk which we were prepared for, unfortunately the food doesn't match up. One evening I ordered a chicken dish and my husband sushi. My dinner came out half an hour before his and we were forced to eat separately. On top of this, my chicken was slightly bloody in the centre and we were charges for a more expensive sushi dish than we ordered. This kind of service is appalling from a cheaper restaurant let alone one with the prices we were charged!!
Despite this we did enjoy our stay, the spa is amazing, the beach beautiful and clean and the rooms of a high standard. I have left such a detailed review as a lot of this minor issues that left us with a bad feeling could be so easily rectified.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island