“Ultimate THE BEST HOLIDAYS ever!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Seychelles to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Petite Anse | P.O. Box 1397, Baie Lazare, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Hotel packages
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Baie Lazare
Dublin, Ireland
“Ultimate THE BEST HOLIDAYS ever!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2013

LOCATION & ATTRACTIONS NEARBY *** Located approx. 20 km from SEZ Airport, in a green jungle full of tropical birds, fruit bats and friendly geckos. Absolutely stunning location with amazing views, paradise beach. The entire property is spread out across few hectares of land and they provide golf buggy transportation in the resort itself. Location and resort itself is truly fabulous, the best resort I've ever been (and it will stay like that probably for some time). STUNNING! Beach itself is the nicest beach I've ever been - clean and like in paradise... Where do you get this sand from? It was like flour!!! I was able to snorkel a bit (for the first time) and this is my thing now. I could spend hours in the water and I didn't want to leave it!

HOTEL OVERVIEW *** Hm… It's really hard to describe that. I know that my review will sound too sweet and too good, but that's the way I feel about Four Seasons Resort Seychelles. Just check my photos and you will know why I feel that and why I want to come back there! After winning Euro Millions I will buy one of the villas there for sure, hahaha. I loved the location, incredible staff, gorgeous food and just extremely relaxing environment. I just loved that (and I'm not a beach-holiday-person!!!).

PURPOSE OF THIS TRIP *** This was leisure trip to Seychelles, 1st time visitor, but thanks to Fours Seasons experience not the last one for sure.

RESERVATION *** Our friend was in charge of that, but I can guarantee that was without any issues or problems (this word doesn't exist in this resort anyway).

CHECK-IN *** The amazing part starts here… From the gate when you're welcomed by staff by your name (How? How? How?) your dream holiday begin. Our car was left in the car park and then we were brought to the Reception where chilled lemon grass ice tea and cold towels were given... Paper work can wait. After short presentation we were taken to our villa where our friend already waited (in the swimming pool). I have to say that Reception team is great - they took care of everything (including our lost luggage and any information or request we had). And what I liked the most - they are natural, but professional at the same time. They are not robotic and this is such a fantastic experience!

LOBBY & RECEPTION *** Check pictures… Open space with some stunning views (this is just to tease you and to show what you can expect on your holidays). Reception & the lobby looks like Art. Gallery (including Coco de Mer - famous Seychellois double coconut).

ROOM *** Hm… Garden Villa… You cannot call it just a "room". I was amazed. Huge, spacious, perfectly clean (it was always like that during our stay), fresh, inviting, comfortable… Just pure luxury and relaxation. Bed was to die for haha. All amenities you can imagine in 5* hotel were there, which included also Nespresso coffee machine. I loved these little treats they were leaving every afternoon (pastries, lemon grass ice tea, fruit etc.) - every day something different. Bathroom, private swimming pool, "jungle gazebo" (or how to call it?) with big bed outside, sun chairs, terrace... Even if the villa was next to another one we couldn't see anything, so it guaranteed privacy. All things like beach bag, sun lotion, umbrellas are standard there... Aaaaa, I forgot as well about shower outside...

BATHROOM *** I honestly could live in this bathroom. Just check pics! Huuuuuuge bathtub with glass walls (facing swimming pool and the jungle), shower for 10 people (haha), luxury toiletries (including sun lotion and after sun balm), fluffy white towels…

BREAKFAST I've never ever had such a great breakfasts. I do not understand previous comments about food (complaints). This is just not possible. Selection and variety of different food is just outstanding. Every day something different and you just cannot choose! ABSOLUTELY FAB! And staff adds huge value to this experience - always smiling and ready to help. Again here I loved this that they had this natural approach. Unfortunately there were too many names I'd like to mention from the staff which were so helpful and too good for us! THANK YOU! Coming back to breakfast... Selection of pastries, fresh fruit/vegetables/juices (!!!), Indian/Arab/Creole/Italian (...) meals, eggs & omelettes - name it - have it. And these two additional treats you could order - totally awesome! Pancakes with fried pineapple (orgasmic!!!) or waffles with chocolate and bananas... Aaaaaaagh.... Look at pictures - you would understand what I mean. *** You may also notice a lot of birds around! It is amazing how they managed to keep this wildlife from your table. One day we arrived before breakfast started and you will not believe me - birds were waiting (100-200 of them) on a side to be fed as well. It was soo cute! But I really appreciate that they don't try to separate them, they do not harm anybody and hardly ever try to grab something from your table, haha.

ROOM SERVICE Quick and efficient. As all food in the Resort it was perfect.

RESTAURANTS We ate twice outside the Resort. It was great, but not even close to the food which is served in Four Season. My favourite was Italian Buffet. Sounds boring, doesn't it? It was the best Italian food I had outside of Italy ever! Selection, presentation and taste of all these things there was just exceptional. It was worth the price and time spent there! I could not actually move after this dinner, but maybe that's just because of the plate of (10?) desserts I had at the end! Amazing! And what makes it great too is presence of management members taking care of you. Maxim was there almost 24h/day making sure that our (and other guests') stay is just perfect! Gavin - thank you for all your recommendations and dinner choices - you made our evening! Cyrus... Our friend in his review wrote this words: "beyond and above from what a person can expect when it comes to service :-)) outstanding" - I agree with that in 1000%. Man, you're the best and I've seen that other guests had similar opinion! I just can't really put in words how pleased I was with the way you deal with guests. I would love others (not only in your hotel) to learn from you! Our world would be 5*+. Thank you!!!!

INTERNET ACCESS *** Complimentary Internet access in your villa, gym or beach! Not in restaurants which is right, because you need to focus on other, more important things. If you have to use Business Center the luxury lounge is there for you. Even on the beach if you forget your charger, they will help you...

CHECK-OUT EXPERIENCE *** What to say… The saddest part of our holidays. I really didn't want to leave. But staff again made their job perfectly. Our queries about split payments and few other arrangements were handled without any questions.

STAFF *** I think this is the biggest treasure of this Resort! To meet all these lovely and amazing people it is worth going there. It is hard to remember all names (I am so sorry), but I definitely need to mention Maxim, who was always there whatever we needed! Cyrus in the restaurant - you're awesome. All team on the beach - Randolph, Ricky, Yannick, Mavis and Christine - I so appreciate your hard work and you're also big part of this great guest satisfaction. All guys from reception, spa, security and buggy drivers and of course Management - THANK YOU! For me there's no hotel or resort where I had so positive feedback about staff. They are amazing and hard-working people and they always smile and have a chat with you.

At one stage I have asked Maxim: "Do you have limits when it comes to impress your guests?". He replied: "Hm... No! This is Four Seasons Seychelles". The best and the most adequate answer he could give me. I agree with him.

OVERVIEW *** I know this is extremely long review… But I didn't even say half of the things I wanted to mention. This is stunning property because of their location, staff and food! The best holidays of my life so far… Thank you and hopefully see you soon!

Room Tip: There is no 'standard villa' there - all are outstanding.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Dear marqoos_pl,

Thank you so much for leaving such a glowing review. It's a great testament to the hard work and dedication of the team, and I have passed on your thanks to everyone you mentioned.

We very much hope that you can join us again soon here in Petite Anse.

453 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
  • Arabic first
New Orleans, Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We stayed here for four nights on our recent honeymoon. Our villa (110) was fantastic. Very private with a beautiful view. The staff were all very helpful and friendly. Because it was our honeymoon we were a bit scatter brained and forgot both our camera in one of the bars and the room key in the gym, both times the staff realized this before we did and tracked us down. Incredible service.

The beach is really great too. It is definitely one of the most beautiful beaches in all of the Seychelles. Add on to that free snorkeling gear, complimentary fruits and massages on the beach, and even a friendly employee one day to clean our sunglasses. A+ beach experience.

The restaurants are good too, albeit expensive. Once you get past the prices, you will find the food to be worthwhile. While I would never agree to a $40 cheeseburger in the US, this seems to be the going rate at 5 star resorts in the Seychelles (same price at Raffles on Praslin). Be sure to check out the Italian night and Fish Market nights. They are very unique and a lot of fun.

This is an absolutely wonderful place and we would highly recommend it to anyone considering spending some coin on a nice vacation in the Seychelles.

Room Tip: Stay in higher villas for better views and less golf cart/buggy noise.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear araino1,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts here. It's really wonderful to see such high praise for our staff and service, especially our beach experience. We are extremely lucky to have an incredible beach, and it is wonderful that our service matches its high standard.

We hope you will be able to visit us again in the future.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

I know that I am late in writing this review but I believe that I have to do it as a thank you note for all the hotel staff. This hotel is a symbol of pure luxury and ultimate perfection.
In April 2012 we stayed in the hotel as a family with 3 children in the top hill villa which was amazing with breath taking view and complete privacy, the food in all the resturants was very good, swimming pool and beach offer maximum relaxation, spa was excellent. We enjoyed a lot our first diving experience. Kids club was amazing with very friendly & experienced staff and load of fun and activities for the children.
Everything in the hotel is excuted with perfecton, the service was incredible. There was not only attention to details but perfection in doing that. I felt after leaving the hotel that I was in a place which could be better than heaven.
Special thanks to the hotel general manager for the wonderful work he is doing. Bravo Four Seasons Seychelles.

• Stayed June 2012
Dear RLWK,

I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed such a wonderful vacation here at the Resort. Such high praise for the team is wonderful to read, and I have shared this great feedback with them.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family again in the future.

LONDON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Typical Four Seasons, that is to say, excellent service and brilliant accommodation. The weather was not great for at least two days of our stay so the covered daybed was great, reading and watching the rain. We had a hill top villa and the views were amazing, fruit bats flying around, little green lizards sunbathing, plunge pool for the hot days.

I must say it was nice to have bathroom products in large ceramic containers with pumps with the contents described in biggish letters, instead of the usual tiny plastic bottles where you struggle to read the writing and end up washing your hair with body lotion.

My husband visited the spa on two occasions and said it was brilliant although horribly expensive, a two and half hour session was approximately £350.00 ... ouch .. and much to his disappointment, no steam room/sauna either at spa or gym which was really well equipped.

The beach, although lovely, is actually quite small and the beachside pool, unfortunately, attracted screaming children.

I was disappointed with the food although my husband thought it was good, not great though. As a vegetarian the options were few but having said that the chefs were very accommodating. Portion control is something of an issue. First night at Zez, a starter consisted of two slices of mozzarella and a few slices of tomato, followed by a risotto which was lovely but more than three forkfuls would have been even better. Another night, an Italian evening where the amount of food would have fed 6 instead of 2, we were full after the antipasto, which was followed by pasta, a meat/fish dish and then 7 desserts and two small glasses of limoncello and the desserts, described as tasters, were actually quite large. Evening meals ranged from 155 to 250 euros, and that's with minimum alcohol, i.e. one beer, one glass wine, one spirit ....

Breakfasts were excellent, every day the buffet changed and you were greeted with a glass of champagne.

Wi fi is charged at 10 euros a day, so if you need an internet connection, bulk buy as you can save a bit of money that way.

Overall we had a lovely and relaxing time, for me the downside of the visit was the hotel is pretty isolated with no restaurants nearby.

Lastly, the paths are very steep and can be heavy going in the heat, but there are plenty of buggies to ferry you around for those that don't fancy the walk.

Special thanks to Marvel who looked after us in the beach restaurant.

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear shoegirlat44,

Thank you for your wonderful review. I have passed on your thanks to Marvel at Kannel.

Addressing your issue of the lack of sauna and steam room, this is something that we are looking to add in the next 12 months, as we realise that this is something that our guests expect during their stay.

I hope you will be able to join us for a stay in the future to experience these facilities first-hand.

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Okay, perhaps top 5, but this resort is not one to miss, the staff is amazing and management is top notch. Bob Suri the resort manager was great and Rich and another manager "Irishman"( apologies for not remembering name) went OUT of their way to make our stay amazing.

Together with Selwyn the concierge, they arranged a private tour of Praslin and La Digue- highly recommended. We were off by 0900 and back by 1830.

Hotel not 100% occupied while we were there which may have contributed to our experience, we can see things getting challenging if busy and full of children. We were lucky that there were very few families as we prefer our trips on the quite side

The gym was great if you are freaks and work out while on vacation like we do.

Zez Sushi was great.

Room Tip: recommend 114 CottonTree
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear DINKSfromUS,

Thank you for leaving such a sparkling review of your time at the Resort. Great recommendations too!

The team and I hope to welcome you back in the future for another stay in this beautiful corner of these beautiful islands.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We tried Banyan Tree hotel and Four seasons to compare. FS has better atmoshere – one of the few place of the world where I felt like home since I came there. The stuff is simply excellent and you never get them unprepared. The cousine there is internations but excellent! Drinks are typicaly mixed from local and international, try Cucumber with frozen yoghurt – delicious. This place is excellent for couples with children, they have nice facility where the stuff will take care of them or you can spent nice time you and your child in the middle of other children (we loved that). You can do the snorcheling near the Rock which is cool and the whole beach is like your garden (small and so luxurious). So generally one of the best place I visited ever.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Tomdesign,

It was wonderful to read your high praise about the atmosphere at the Resort, and our recreation and Kids For All Seasons programme.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you and your family back in the future.

Berlin, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

This resort is absolutely stunning: beautiful private villas with large pools - and terrific views of the beach, the sea and the surrounding hills. It all feels very serene and intimate. The spa is amazing and you have different very good choices for lunch or dinner. You don't really have to leave the resort - highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Luc M,

Thank you for your wonderful review of the service and facilities at the Resort.

It would be our pleasure to welcome you back to Petite Anse in the future.

Alex Porteous

Been to Four Seasons Resort Seychelles? Share your experiences!