“An amazing place” 5 of 5 stars

and 1 more site!
Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Seychelles to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Petite Anse | P.O. Box 1397, Baie Lazare, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baie Lazare
London
“An amazing place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

We have just got back from an eight night stay and can only say it was the holiday of a lifetime. The whole place is stunningly beautiful and for those people with so many negative comments, all I can say is get a life.

The service is exceptional with smiles every time and help in every area. The buggies arrived within five minutes of calling for one every time. The spa was beautiful and even though we had made no prior reservations we went four times during our stay with only 24 hours notice. The food is excellent with a huge assortment of dishes. Breakfast had choices of Asian, Indian, American, English with tables stacked with fruit, pastries, meats and cheeses and dishes cooked on request.

The beach was beautiful and when the rougher seas brought in seaweed on our last day the staff were out sweeping all day. Christine on the beach was brilliant at bringing drinks and always chatting and laughing.

Our villa was huge, clean and with a stunning view of the ocean. We were in villa 116 so if you ever have the chance then stay there. It's at the top of the resort with a stunning infinity pool and we sat every night drinking champagne and watching the sun set.

This place is paradise. Thanks so much to all of you for making it such a special stay and we will be back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Dear WickedTraveller41,

Thank you for such a wonderful review. I have passed on your review to the team, and they were delighted to read it.

I hope you will be back soon for another dose of fun and relaxation in this very special corner of the Seychelles.

Alex Porteous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
  • Arabic first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Someone said that “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away”. Our stay at the Four Seasons in Seychelles was one of those breathtaking moments. This resort is simply a gem and the perfect setting to celebrate our 25th anniversary.

The location on a lush tropical forest hill overlooking the pristine “Petite Anse-Baie Lazare” is absolutely fantastic. Like they say in French “Vue impregnable”, meaning that no photo can do it justice. In a previous trip to a resort in the Carribean, I mentioned that the hotel we stayed at was a destination of its own. In this case, the villa itself was a destination…to a point that we found it difficult to leave our one-bedroom villa. Full privacy, “protected” by tropical trees, infinity pool, gazebo overlooking the bay, a bathroom with an incredible view. Simply magnificent!

As for the service, It is the Four Seasons: “Gentlemen serving Gentlemen”! Very courteous staff but never intrusive, always available and serving you with a smile. The buggy service –much needed to move around in the resort- was very prompt. As for the restaurant, we had an overdose of fresh seafood. We liked the Zez restaurant/lounge ambiance much more than the Kannel. The breakfast buffet at the Zez is a must. The Creole night at the Kannel was entertaining and the abundant buffet, a good opportunity to sample creole cuisine. We also ordered In Villa dining. For a light lunch, the Seafood pizza was excellent and so were the salads.

A visit to the SPA is a must. We had a couple massage followed by a soothing bath in the outdoor bath watching the sunset on the ocean. Spectacular!

Few tips:
• Protect yourself from the sun even on a cloudy day. I do not have a sensitive skin but I still got burns.
• Apply a mosquito repellent. If you are opting for the outdoor bath in the Spa, you will definitely need it.
• Best time to go to the spa is mid to late afternoon. You can then watch a beautiful sunset on the spa deck (highest point in the resort).
• We loved the soothing breeze in March and did not mind the cloudy days but if you want to experience a good swim in the pristine ocean waters, you should visit in April-October.
• If you can, choose a villa in the upper Tanaka. Guaranteed privacy and spectacular views.
• Dim the outdoor lights and watch the sky illuminated by a thousand stars.

Room Tip: Upper Tanaka - Ocean View as high on the hill as possible
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear WorldCTZen T,

Thank you so much for the kind words about the Resort and staff in your recent review. Your "Gentlemen serving Gentlemen" really resonated with me, as I think of the talented team I work with here every day.

Some great tips there. This is usually the calmest time of the year in the bay, but it has been a little breezier of later; great for keeping you cool as you relax on a sunlounger, but not as good for snorkelling. April to October is actually normally a little choppier in the bay, as we have winds blowing directly onto the bay. It's very clam at the moment - perfect conditions for finding Nemo and friends!

Congratulations again on your 25th wedding anniversary. We all wish you many more years of happiness, and hope you will come back very soon.

Hong Kong
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Expectations are high when departing for a holiday in a Four Seasons resort. Most were met but a few sadly not. Positive comments first as they do outweigh the negative.

The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the food surprisingly scrumptious although not much choice other than a heavily oriental influenced buffet which everyone seems to head for at breakfast and dinner.
Evening entertainment was a little reminiscent of a cruise ship but the cocktails made up for it.
Try the Mohito special with beer and passionfruit. Rather yummy in the midday sun (which was scorching............factor 30 or above recommended even on a cloudy day).

The beach would deserve a 7 out of 10 (it is divine but have you been the the Maldives?) and the pool pleasant albeit a little too warm in the afternoon sun.

We stayed in a one bedroom villa for little over a week in February.
Most villas high up have an amazing view, the lower villas not so unless you are happy with trees obscuring the stunning aqua blue sea. The villa itself was clean and tidy as expected, the design a little predictable considering the resort is fairly new.

Sadly, there were a few things that let it down.
Room service seemed to be a huge effort. After many attempts at dialing on the first morning, I would get no reply (had I p****d someone off?). Eventually on the fourth attempt someone would answer. A little frustrating. Then the food would take around 45 minutes to arrive. Top tip, order when you wake if you want a cozy morning in.

Kids club. A little dire. My son took one peak in the shed like building and headed for the beach.
Thankfully the snorkeling was ok (but have you been to the Maldives?).

The yellow pedalo should not have been there as seemed quite out of place. The sailing dinghy could have been more enticing but thankfully my son loved the boogie boarding as the waves were perfect.

Then maybe it was the time of year but the beach was constantly being swept of seaweed. Not pleasant to swim in either.

The resort shop was tiny with nothing exciting at all. The jewelry shop a little more exciting but over priced even with the special 40% discount!!!

All in all, we did have a lovely relaxing time there but am heading back to the Four Seasons (Landaa Giraavaru http://www.luxuryworldwidecollection.com/resort.asp?pid=142) in the Maldives next time I need some vitamin D !

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear luxluvva,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. To clarify for our other readers, we offer four different theme nights each week in our restaurants (Italian, Japanese, Creole and Indian theme nights) and our buffet breakfast offers European breads and patisserie items, yoghurts cheeses, cold cuts and fish, local fruits, and a range of international cooked breakfast. We also have a market-style local fruit stall twice a week with indigenousSeychellois fruits collected by our landscapers from the orchard here in the Resort. We also offer eggs cooked to order and daily specials. Something for everyone, I'm sure you'll agree.

I think the entertainment you are referring to is our Creole Night. The majority of our guests enjoy the opportunity to try some local food, listen to live music and watch (and sometimes participate in) Sega dancing, but obviously it is not everyone's cup of tea. For this reason, ZEZ offers its usual elegance and a la carte menu on a Saturday night as an alternative. I myself entertained at the Creole Night last Saturday and it really is our best themed night, and means you do not have to leave the resort to get a flavour of the local culture if you don't wish to.

I must say that I was surprised by your comment about our beach, Petite Anse. Our beach is noted, even by the locals, as one of the very best in the Seychelles. Many of our well-travelled guests have even mentioned that it's the best they have ever seen. Some people prefer desert-island style beaches and resorts, as in Maldives, but we love the drama and beauty of our white sands and turquoise water surrounded by granite rocks and lush green jungle here in Seychelles.

I'm so glad you enjoyed the spectacular view from your villa. Our villas are categorized by their view: Hilltop Ocean View, Ocean View and Garden View, so guests booking a garden view villa would be aware of the view/ They would be booking it because they prefer the view of the natural wetlands and the terrapins, herons and red beak moor hens; to be closer to the beach and restaurants; or because they wish to be less reliant on the buggy service.

I was surprised to see you had problems reaching our room service team. Please be assured that I will follow up with the team on this point, my apologies.

I'm sorry your son did not enjoy the Kids Club. The building was constructed in the style of a traditional stone Creole house, which means it is lovely and cool for children to play indoors when the sun is very hot in the afternoon. This beautiful building is the perfect haven for little ones, and I usually receive nothing but praise for the setup, programme and the team. If you were able to provide me with any specific feedback as to what he did not enjoy I would really appreciate it. My email address is alex.porteous@fourseasons.com. We are also creating a club for teens called "Explorers" this year to appeal to 9-14 year olds. Being a father of three girls myself, I really thought that we had complemented the beach and pool well with indoor options, but am always anxious to learn how we can do better. We have a full range of water-based sports available on the beach, including sailing, so I'm sorry if this was not communicated to you fully by the team, as it should be included in your orientation when you arrive at the beach for the first time.

I hope you will enjoy your next Four Seasons experience at Four Seasons Resort at Landaa Giraavaru. We currently have eight Seychellois employees on a year long exchange program out there, and I'm sure they, along with the rest of the team, will take very good care of you.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We initially booked to stay somewhere else in the Seychelles for our honeymoon but after coming here for a drink we decided we had to stay here for the last few nights.

The setting is stunning, villas are huge with lots of outside space and service is high quality. The beach is beautiful, well looked after with great service throughout the day from the staff there. They are continually topping up your water, bringing you fruit and drinks.

I love to travel and go to new places so I rarely go back to the same place twice. However I will definitely be coming back here and it is first on my list to return to. I was thinking about our 5th wedding anniversary but that feels too far away.

If you want somewhere else to eat nearby would highly recommend Maria's rock cafe which is 5-10 min walk.

• Stayed June 2012
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear ECharlish,

Thank you so much for your kind words about your stay last year. It's such a massive compliement to the team here that we could have had such an impact during a day visit to the resort that you decided to book a stay with us. I have shared your review with everyone at the Resort, so they can share my pride. We strive to connect and really impact

We would, of course, be delighted to welcome you back to Petite Anse soon, and look forward to your next visit.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

We just came back from this hotel, we stayed 4 nights. Before going Laurice, the concierge was very helpful and helped in organizing The whole trip. I probably called her more than 6 times before our travel date and she was always welcoming and helpful.

We booked a boat cruise to the other islands with snorkelling, beach seafood picnic, shopping on other islands, seeing different amazing beaches, coconut oil making and vanilla plantation, giant turtles.
We also booked in advance our spa treatments to avoid disappointments and many other activities that made our stay exceptional always with the precious help of Laurice.

The beach is beautiful but the last day we were little bit disapointed by the service since it was waaay too slow it would take more than half an hour for a coke to come and u feel those minutes like forever when u r thirsty.

Also there is in general no cold towels, water offered or cold cuts, for both times we stayed on the beach we had only 1 time a piece of frozen melon and the first day only we were offered water.

Other than those incidents the service was excellent all over the hotel, we were always welcomed and all of the staff was really doing all their best to give us an excellent service and up to the four seasons standards, the buggy service was very quick, the spa staff on the reception and technicians are professional and very friendly and the spa treatments one of the best we had.

We had a romantic dinner for valentines by the beach and really it was memorable, Sharon our waitress was helpful and we had an exceptional service and food was amazing. We also lit up lanterns and made them fly, it was very romantic.

We had the chance that Sharon did also our table service the next and last night in the japanese buffet and it was very nice although i think that there should be salmon for the sushi.

Also i think the breakfast should have more variety as after 4 days we thought it was limited and repetitive.

The prices for this hotel are high comparing to others but i think as a room and as an overall experience and for the beauty of Seychelles its was worth it and we would definitly go back.

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Dodidada,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We read every single one, and look to the reviews for feedback as we strive for excellence in everything we do.

Thank you for recognising specific members of the team. I have personally congratulated them on their great work during your stay. Thank you for your kind words about the spa, buggy service, reception and engineering teams.

I was sorry to hear that your experience on the beach didn't meet you expectation. Februrary was a very busy month on the beach, but that does not excuse the slow service that you experienced. Please allow me to look into this. If you have any further comments please feel free to contact me via email on Alex.Porteous@fourseasons.com.

Thanks also for your feedback regarding our breakfast. In the past week we have introduced some great additions to our breakfast service at ZEZ restaurant. We have new daily specials, both sweet and savoury, which can be prepared a la minute, in addition to our Breakfast Chef station to prepare eggs to order. We are offering amuse bouche with breakfast, to allow you to sample delights such as gazpacho with fresh fruit, lassis, smoothies and tropical fruit tartlets. I hope you can sample them on your next stay.

The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Petite Anse very soon.

Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at the Four Seasons for 8 days during February 2013. We have enjoyed any single minute of our stay there and can deeply recommend it to anybody who is not yet sure where to stay at the Seychelles.

The resort is amazing. There are only about 70 villas built in almost untouched environment and even when fully booked you will have a lot of privacy. If you have the chance book a villa with your own private pool (Hilltop Ocean View).
The distances between the villas are quite large, some of them have breathtaking views to the fantastic bay, which is not open to the public (!). Even so the beach has the finest white sand you may find it is hard to leave the villa as it feels like your second home right after moving in.

All buildings (villas, restaurants etc.) perfectly fit into its environment. The interiors are very natural and cozy. We immediately felt in love with this place.

The management has done a fantastic job with its employees. All employees are extremely (naturally) friendly and find a perfect way in between attentiveness and obtrusiveness. Sometimes it is disturbing, if staff around you is not giving you air to breath. Here they seem to know when it is time to keep silent and distance.

The restaurants fully fulfill the expectations you can have at a 5 star hotel. There is a wide selection of wines, 3-4 times per week there is buffet and also the character of the restaurants is different. From fine style dining to beach short eating you will find anything there.
There is also a lot of activity at the resort: snorkeling, stand-up paddling, buggy boarding, yoga, spa, beach volleyball etc. They also have a dive center which takes you to some of the best dive sites at the Seychelles.

Certainly, staying at Four Seasons may not be the bargain vacation of your life. Also my wife and I had this discussion whether a vacation can be worth so much money. Now, after 8 days at this perfect place I have to admit, that it was worth any single cent.

One last thing I would like to mention: We arrived at around 10 am to the resort. We have expected not to be able to move into the villa before 2 pm (which is a golden standard for most of the hotels). Since our villa was already prepared and ready, they checked us in immediately. Of course, this is something you can never expect, but for us this was almost like a full more day of vacation.

From our side many thanks to Bob and Frederico and all the rest of the Four Seasons staff. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at the resort. It is great to read such a fantastic review. Fortunately all our villas have a pool, so everyone who stays will have the opportunity to enjoy the outside space in their villa as much as you, but the Hilltop Ocean View villas do offer the best views.

It certainly seems like you had a very active vacation, with all the sports that you tried here! It is such a compliment to see that you enjoyed not just the beautiful villas and wonderful surroundings, but also the balance of great service from the team. I will pass on this wonderful feedback to all the staff.

To address your comments regarding the lack of salmon in ZEZ Lounge, we only serve fresh, fish at the sushi bar, which means an authentic and, ultimately, much more delicious dining experience. We bring in fresh salmon when available, but do not want to serve frozen fish. Being on an island, sometimes we do not have it available, so my apologies if you missed out on your favourite sushi or sashimi that night.

I hope we are able to welcome you back very soon for another stay in this little piece of paradise.

Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel is beautiful but what made our stay was the staff to be honest..Great service and gorgeous setting..the rooms felt very colonial which we enjoyed but the food felt a bit lacking with the exception of breakfast..We also felt there was a lack of activities in and around the hotel..all in all, highly recommended with just a few tweaks here and there :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Rola_review,

There can be no higher compliment than when a guest says that it was the staff that really made their stay, so thank you for taking the time to post a review and share that praise with our future guests.

Seychelles is a remote island, with a small population and a growing tourism industry, meaning that there is currently a small, but select range of activities across the island. Having said that there is plentiful diving, watersports, spa and wellbeing activities available daily at the resort, and lots of interesting half-day and full day trips available to explore Mahe and surrounding islands. Our Concierge is always happy to make great recommendations based on your personal preferences.

Our Food and Beverage offering continues to be a focus for myself and the team, and I'd love to hear your specific feedback. If you have five minutes to drop me a quick note to alex.porteous@fourseasons.com I'd really appreciate that chance to hear what impressed you, and where you think we can make adjustments and improvements.

I hope you will return to Seychelles in the future so we can welcome you back to Four Seasons here in beautiful Petite Anse.

Alex Porteous

Been to Four Seasons Resort Seychelles? Share your experiences!