Someone said that “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the number of moments that take our breath away”. Our stay at the Four Seasons in Seychelles was one of those breathtaking moments. This resort is simply a gem and the perfect setting to celebrate our 25th anniversary.
The location on a lush tropical forest hill overlooking the pristine “Petite Anse-Baie Lazare” is absolutely fantastic. Like they say in French “Vue impregnable”, meaning that no photo can do it justice. In a previous trip to a resort in the Carribean, I mentioned that the hotel we stayed at was a destination of its own. In this case, the villa itself was a destination…to a point that we found it difficult to leave our one-bedroom villa. Full privacy, “protected” by tropical trees, infinity pool, gazebo overlooking the bay, a bathroom with an incredible view. Simply magnificent!
As for the service, It is the Four Seasons: “Gentlemen serving Gentlemen”! Very courteous staff but never intrusive, always available and serving you with a smile. The buggy service –much needed to move around in the resort- was very prompt. As for the restaurant, we had an overdose of fresh seafood. We liked the Zez restaurant/lounge ambiance much more than the Kannel. The breakfast buffet at the Zez is a must. The Creole night at the Kannel was entertaining and the abundant buffet, a good opportunity to sample creole cuisine. We also ordered In Villa dining. For a light lunch, the Seafood pizza was excellent and so were the salads.
A visit to the SPA is a must. We had a couple massage followed by a soothing bath in the outdoor bath watching the sunset on the ocean. Spectacular!
• Protect yourself from the sun even on a cloudy day. I do not have a sensitive skin but I still got burns.
• Apply a mosquito repellent. If you are opting for the outdoor bath in the Spa, you will definitely need it.
• Best time to go to the spa is mid to late afternoon. You can then watch a beautiful sunset on the spa deck (highest point in the resort).
• We loved the soothing breeze in March and did not mind the cloudy days but if you want to experience a good swim in the pristine ocean waters, you should visit in April-October.
• If you can, choose a villa in the upper Tanaka. Guaranteed privacy and spectacular views.
• Dim the outdoor lights and watch the sky illuminated by a thousand stars.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, Escapio and TripOnline SA so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island