Expectations are high when departing for a holiday in a Four Seasons resort. Most were met but a few sadly not. Positive comments first as they do outweigh the negative.
The staff were extremely friendly and helpful, the food surprisingly scrumptious although not much choice other than a heavily oriental influenced buffet which everyone seems to head for at breakfast and dinner.
Evening entertainment was a little reminiscent of a cruise ship but the cocktails made up for it.
Try the Mohito special with beer and passionfruit. Rather yummy in the midday sun (which was scorching............factor 30 or above recommended even on a cloudy day).
The beach would deserve a 7 out of 10 (it is divine but have you been the the Maldives?) and the pool pleasant albeit a little too warm in the afternoon sun.
We stayed in a one bedroom villa for little over a week in February.
Most villas high up have an amazing view, the lower villas not so unless you are happy with trees obscuring the stunning aqua blue sea. The villa itself was clean and tidy as expected, the design a little predictable considering the resort is fairly new.
Sadly, there were a few things that let it down.
Room service seemed to be a huge effort. After many attempts at dialing on the first morning, I would get no reply (had I p****d someone off?). Eventually on the fourth attempt someone would answer. A little frustrating. Then the food would take around 45 minutes to arrive. Top tip, order when you wake if you want a cozy morning in.
Kids club. A little dire. My son took one peak in the shed like building and headed for the beach.
Thankfully the snorkeling was ok (but have you been to the Maldives?).
The yellow pedalo should not have been there as seemed quite out of place. The sailing dinghy could have been more enticing but thankfully my son loved the boogie boarding as the waves were perfect.
Then maybe it was the time of year but the beach was constantly being swept of seaweed. Not pleasant to swim in either.
The resort shop was tiny with nothing exciting at all. The jewelry shop a little more exciting but over priced even with the special 40% discount!!!
All in all, we did have a lovely relaxing time there but am heading back to the Four Seasons (Landaa Giraavaru http://www.luxuryworldwidecollection.com/resort.asp?pid=142) in the Maldives next time I need some vitamin D !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Escapio so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island