“Will come again” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

Save Saved
You added Four Seasons Resort Seychelles to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Petite Anse | P.O. Box 1397, Baie Lazare, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Baie Lazare
Munich, Germany
“Will come again”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Me and my wife stayed at the Four Seasons for 8 days during February 2013. We have enjoyed any single minute of our stay there and can deeply recommend it to anybody who is not yet sure where to stay at the Seychelles.

The resort is amazing. There are only about 70 villas built in almost untouched environment and even when fully booked you will have a lot of privacy. If you have the chance book a villa with your own private pool (Hilltop Ocean View).
The distances between the villas are quite large, some of them have breathtaking views to the fantastic bay, which is not open to the public (!). Even so the beach has the finest white sand you may find it is hard to leave the villa as it feels like your second home right after moving in.

All buildings (villas, restaurants etc.) perfectly fit into its environment. The interiors are very natural and cozy. We immediately felt in love with this place.

The management has done a fantastic job with its employees. All employees are extremely (naturally) friendly and find a perfect way in between attentiveness and obtrusiveness. Sometimes it is disturbing, if staff around you is not giving you air to breath. Here they seem to know when it is time to keep silent and distance.

The restaurants fully fulfill the expectations you can have at a 5 star hotel. There is a wide selection of wines, 3-4 times per week there is buffet and also the character of the restaurants is different. From fine style dining to beach short eating you will find anything there.
There is also a lot of activity at the resort: snorkeling, stand-up paddling, buggy boarding, yoga, spa, beach volleyball etc. They also have a dive center which takes you to some of the best dive sites at the Seychelles.

Certainly, staying at Four Seasons may not be the bargain vacation of your life. Also my wife and I had this discussion whether a vacation can be worth so much money. Now, after 8 days at this perfect place I have to admit, that it was worth any single cent.

One last thing I would like to mention: We arrived at around 10 am to the resort. We have expected not to be able to move into the villa before 2 pm (which is a golden standard for most of the hotels). Since our villa was already prepared and ready, they checked us in immediately. Of course, this is something you can never expect, but for us this was almost like a full more day of vacation.

From our side many thanks to Bob and Frederico and all the rest of the Four Seasons staff. We will be back.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear

I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time at the resort. It is great to read such a fantastic review. Fortunately all our villas have a pool, so everyone who stays will have the opportunity to enjoy the outside space in their villa as much as you, but the Hilltop Ocean View villas do offer the best views.

It certainly seems like you had a very active vacation, with all the sports that you tried here! It is such a compliment to see that you enjoyed not just the beautiful villas and wonderful surroundings, but also the balance of great service from the team. I will pass on this wonderful feedback to all the staff.

To address your comments regarding the lack of salmon in ZEZ Lounge, we only serve fresh, fish at the sushi bar, which means an authentic and, ultimately, much more delicious dining experience. We bring in fresh salmon when available, but do not want to serve frozen fish. Being on an island, sometimes we do not have it available, so my apologies if you missed out on your favourite sushi or sashimi that night.

I hope we are able to welcome you back very soon for another stay in this little piece of paradise.

482 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

The hotel is beautiful but what made our stay was the staff to be honest..Great service and gorgeous setting..the rooms felt very colonial which we enjoyed but the food felt a bit lacking with the exception of breakfast..We also felt there was a lack of activities in and around the hotel..all in all, highly recommended with just a few tweaks here and there :)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Rola_review,

There can be no higher compliment than when a guest says that it was the staff that really made their stay, so thank you for taking the time to post a review and share that praise with our future guests.

Seychelles is a remote island, with a small population and a growing tourism industry, meaning that there is currently a small, but select range of activities across the island. Having said that there is plentiful diving, watersports, spa and wellbeing activities available daily at the resort, and lots of interesting half-day and full day trips available to explore Mahe and surrounding islands. Our Concierge is always happy to make great recommendations based on your personal preferences.

Our Food and Beverage offering continues to be a focus for myself and the team, and I'd love to hear your specific feedback. If you have five minutes to drop me a quick note to alex.porteous@fourseasons.com I'd really appreciate that chance to hear what impressed you, and where you think we can make adjustments and improvements.

I hope you will return to Seychelles in the future so we can welcome you back to Four Seasons here in beautiful Petite Anse.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

As regular Four Seasons guests, we had high expectations for our 7 day stay in the Seychelles. We were not disappointed! The staff, led by Alex, were courteous, friendly and attentive. Our wonderful experience began when Pat picked us up from the airport in a Four Seasons car. The free WiFi in the car was a bonus after two weeks in Africa without internet access! Aiwa at the front desk was outstanding and she made sure that we were aware of all the services, amenities and activities that the resort offered. Our hill-top villa was probably the best room that we have stayed in at a Four Seasons property - it was spacious, light and the interiors complemented the lovely natural setting. The food was fresh and tasty, a highlight was the Japanese buffet. Thank you for a simply stunning holiday in paradise!

Room Tip: Hill-top villas are very special as you have an unencumbered view of the azure waters of the Indian...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Susie2604,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I have passed on your compliments to the staff you met during your stay. It's so pleasing to share this feedback with the team; particularly from regular Four Seasons guests such as yourself. We agree that our villas are some of the best rooms you will find in a hotel or resort, so thank you again for the high praise, and I'm glad we could bring you our wonderful service from the moment you rwere met at the airport.

I hope we will see you again soon for another stay in our little piece of paradise.

Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We had the best time at the Four Seasons Seychelles in October 2010; sorry I didn’t write a review then.

The beach is probably one of the most beautiful beaches I have seen and I’ve seen amazing beaches in Australia, Maldives, Caribbean, Asia, South Africa & South America. We also spoke to a few locals who also agreed the Four Seasons has one of the most beautiful beaches in the Seychelles.

The service is truly 5*, the staff were always friendly and welcoming.

The room (One bedroom Garden Villa) was very spacious. It felt very private and had its own pool. We didn’t have ocean views but this wasn’t an issue as everywhere else in the resort had amazing views. We enjoyed the private/secluded pool in our room surrounded by trees.

The resort itself is quite large and it’s built on the side of a cliff so a buggy service is required to get around the main areas. We found the buggy service to be exceptional, always prompt and very friendly.

The food was good; we enjoyed some of the local specialities. However, I believe there is room for improvement in this area! Keeping in mind you wouldn’t go to the Seychelles for the food.

I highly recommend a day trip to explore the Seychelles. The concierge helped us organise a day trip to Praslin & La Digue by boat. These are remote places & the trip is a bit long but totally worth it! The beaches are stunning and unspoiled; it’s all about the natural beauty!

We’re looking forward to our next visit!!!

We’re currently planning a trip to Bora Bora; we would also like to stay at the Four Seasons so it would be interesting to see how the two properties compare.

Room Tip: Other travellers have said the Hill top Ocean views villas have amazing views so we’ll have book tha...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Gia24,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Thank you for recognising the service you received here. It's wonderful to see what an amazing stay you had in Seychelles, and I'm glad you felt the privacy and seclusion of your villa, and your summation of our stunning beach is a true compliment, when compared to the "competition" in Australia, Maldives and the Caribbean.

I joined the team as GM in Seychelles at the end of 2011, so unfortunately we did not meet during your stay. I hope you are able to come back again and see how the Resort has evolved since your stay in 2010. Our Food and Beverage offering has moved on a lot since then, and I believe our food and service in the restaurants is much-improved since your last visit.

I hope I can welcome you personally on your next stay, and I hope you have a wonderful stay at our sister property in Bora Bora on your upcoming break there.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This resort is truly stunning and possibly the best Four Seasons that I have ever stayed in. My wife and I live on the beach in Dubai so there was no need for us to get a hill top room for the view and for us we feel the hill top rooms are not ideally located as not in walking distance to any of the resorts amenities. We have always stayed in cinnamon crescent room 306, the villas are well appointed with stunning bathrooms and sunken baths, the view from the bath is the infinity pool, quite special.The service is fantastic, just what you would expect from Four Seasons I particularly like the fact that all of the staff addressed you by your name at all times, not just in reception.

The spa is very nice, relaxing and offers stunning views of the Indian Ocean, cost wise it is not cheap but you expect to pay for these services at a 5 star deluxe resort.

The restaurants were nice, Kannel was great for lunch and dinner but I found the choice and food of a slightly higher quality in ZEZ.

Petite Anse is a stunning location for this resort and its perfect if like me you have been to Mahe and other Seychelles islands many times before but if its your first time you must remember that the resort is in a relatively remote location so travel to Victoria or other restaurants in areas like Beau Vallon will take 30 minutes and travel is not cheap as petrol in Seychelles is similar in cost to most European countries.

My local restaurant tips would be Maria rocks !! It is 2 minutes from the hotel, you will find hotel staff there on most evenings. great local fish / meat and you cook it your self on hot stones. A great experience and the cost is very low. another great restaurant is Glace8 but again it is 30 minutes from the hotel, another good restaurant in Victoria would be Mariantoinettes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Paul C,

Firstly, let me thank you for choosing Four Seasons Resort Seychelles for your vacation once again. It is really a wonderful compliment to the Resort and our wonderful team.

Thank you for posting such a lovely review of our services, and also sharing such great recommendations with our future guests. There is a lot to do around the island, for those who want to explore a little more of the Seychelles.

I sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back to Petite Anse very soon.

USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This resort is artistically designed blending into the natural, beautiful landscape. Each villa is spacious and appointed with everything you'd want for a relaxing island vacation. We especially loved stargazing at night from the chaises by the private infinity pool. We had our two small children with us, and the resort has a great kids club we used when they needed a break from the sun or for us to have a couple's dinner. The beach is heavenly and warm. Plenty of water activities available, but we mostly build sand castles with the kids. I was very impressed to be welcomed in person by the resort manager. It was a nice touch that I haven't experienced before at other FS properties. The hotel staff efficiently and graciously helped us meet all our needs and wants which was especially nice when it concerned our children. They even put a railing up in our villa to keep our kids safe from the water and falling into the chaise pit. Our kids particularly enjoyed the daily treats in our room. We ordered a lot of room service which wasn't an additional charge and really took advantage of time in the villa. The food was good, but not great. However, they hit a homerun with the breakfast buffet which is incredibly diverse and delicious. Loved the pain au chocolat! The only thing I would like to see improvement on is the beach service which seems clunky and sporadic. Someone brought fruit skewers out once a day, but I would also like to see fun extras like that (smoothies, cold towels, etc.) more frequently like I've experienced at other FS. Overall, this place is fantastic, and we had a lovely family beach vacation.

Room Tip: If you have children, the garden villas really are conveniently located and service happens very qui...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Chaput_Family,

Thank you for choosing to spend you vacation with us, and for leaving such a detailed review of our product and services. I'm so pleased that you and your family enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us. I have taken on board your feedback on the beach service. We are constantly trying to better our service and exceed our guests' expectations. If you have any specific feedback on how you think we could better the beach service or food then I'd love to hear from you. Please do drop me an email to alex.porteous@fourseasons.com - if you have a couple of moments to spare I'd really appreciate it.

I'm so please that the kids enjoyed their amenities and time in the Kids Club, and that it meant that you could enjoy some "grown-up" time at dinner, safe in the knowledge that they were having a great time with the Kids For All Seasons team.

I hope that you will visit us again soon and that we can better your fabulous stay. I will, of course, make sure that we have some Pain au Chocolat on standby for you!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here in early December for four nights and absolutely loved it. We booked a hilltop ocean view villa which included a large plunge pool, an outdoor shower and wonderful ocean and sunset views. We opted for the hotel pick-up which was wonderful and included a split of champagne in the car. Our driver met us on time, easy pick-up and gave us great history about both the resort and the island during the 45 minute drive.

(The car service was an extra treat but not necessary if you don't want to splurge for it, its a very small airport and easy to get a cab.)

Our room was gorgeous and quite large and ready for us when we arrived before check-in time. In fact, the hotel called our travel agent to confirm our flight so that the room could be ready which was much appreciated.

The resort is built into a mountain so for the hilltop villas you need the staff to pick you up in golf carts to take you to the facilities, beach, restaurant, etc. We did not mind this but if you are someone who does not want to wait 10 minutes for the resort to pick you up, if this is going to annoy you every time you want to pop back into your room from the beach, I would suggest an ocean or garden room closer to the main resort buildings. That being said, the buggy service is prompt and worth it for a room built into a mountain with amazing views.

After some of the reviews about the food at this resort I was braced for the worst but was pleasantly surprised with the food and beverage service. The best thing to do is to keep it simple here. Room service was always prompt which was extra impressive knowing they had to get it to our villa up those hills in a buggy. During the day we ate at the beach or the pool and it was definitely above average, again, stick to local fishes and fresh preparations and you will be very pleased. One day I asked for a substitution at lunch and the kitchen happily complied. This is a very small place in the middle of an ocean, if you need five-star michelin food every night, this might not be the place for you and by place I mean the Seychelles in general. We did not have any dinners at the hotel, we chose to eat out at night but we did enjoy the breakfast buffet which was massive and well-done. For dinner, the hotel provided taxi service which waited for us and drove us back each night. It is important to remember these are local restaurants, the food is lovely, fresh from the ocean but this is not a fancy place, Seychelles has a very barefoot, casual elegance. The food will be straight out of ocean, but there will be paper napkins!

I highly recommend a stay here. Come for the perfect beaches, the amazing rooms and definitely the service. Everyone here was extremely friendly, helpful and invested in us having a wonderful trip. Anything we needed happened quickly, efficiently and with a smile. You will feel like family, the service is just impeccable and it is right on Mahe so once you drag yourself all the way to the Seychelles you do not need to take anymore flights.

They seem to be working incredibly hard on the food issue and we very much appreciated the effort. We loved the mezze platter, the fresh fish and most of the grilled items. Room service was laid out each time on a table next to our pool in five star fashion. This is not a hotel that is messing around. They are getting the food right a little more each day and I am sure by our next trip it will have gone from good to fabulous.

This was a beautiful and relaxing start to our honeymoon. I cannot thank the staff and management enough for making sure our stay was so memorable, we will definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 102, highly recommended for its views of the beach and amazing sunsets.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Vonn_W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of the Resort, with so many positive comments. It is great to read your praise of our efforts in raising the standards in Food and Beverage, and also recognising the more rustic feel of many of the great local restaurants here.

It's wonderful to see how much you enjoyed the great service, particularly by our In-Villa Dining team, and I will pass on your praise to them. I'm glad you enjoyed the beauty and seclusion of the resort, and delighted that we could help you make memories that you will keep forever.

I sincerely hope that you will be back to enjoy this little piece of paradise found again soon. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

Alex Porteous

Been to Four Seasons Resort Seychelles? Share your experiences!