Me and my wife stayed at the Four Seasons for 8 days during February 2013. We have enjoyed any single minute of our stay there and can deeply recommend it to anybody who is not yet sure where to stay at the Seychelles.
The resort is amazing. There are only about 70 villas built in almost untouched environment and even when fully booked you will have a lot of privacy. If you have the chance book a villa with your own private pool (Hilltop Ocean View).
The distances between the villas are quite large, some of them have breathtaking views to the fantastic bay, which is not open to the public (!). Even so the beach has the finest white sand you may find it is hard to leave the villa as it feels like your second home right after moving in.
All buildings (villas, restaurants etc.) perfectly fit into its environment. The interiors are very natural and cozy. We immediately felt in love with this place.
The management has done a fantastic job with its employees. All employees are extremely (naturally) friendly and find a perfect way in between attentiveness and obtrusiveness. Sometimes it is disturbing, if staff around you is not giving you air to breath. Here they seem to know when it is time to keep silent and distance.
The restaurants fully fulfill the expectations you can have at a 5 star hotel. There is a wide selection of wines, 3-4 times per week there is buffet and also the character of the restaurants is different. From fine style dining to beach short eating you will find anything there.
There is also a lot of activity at the resort: snorkeling, stand-up paddling, buggy boarding, yoga, spa, beach volleyball etc. They also have a dive center which takes you to some of the best dive sites at the Seychelles.
Certainly, staying at Four Seasons may not be the bargain vacation of your life. Also my wife and I had this discussion whether a vacation can be worth so much money. Now, after 8 days at this perfect place I have to admit, that it was worth any single cent.
One last thing I would like to mention: We arrived at around 10 am to the resort. We have expected not to be able to move into the villa before 2 pm (which is a golden standard for most of the hotels). Since our villa was already prepared and ready, they checked us in immediately. Of course, this is something you can never expect, but for us this was almost like a full more day of vacation.
From our side many thanks to Bob and Frederico and all the rest of the Four Seasons staff. We will be back.
- Also Known As:
- 4 Seasons Resort Seychelles
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Hotel Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Seychelles
- Four Seasons Baie Lazare
- Four Seasons Resort Seychelles Mahe Island
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover Seychelles’ best kept secret – a tropical amphitheatre of treetop villas circling the idyllic white smile of Mahé’s Petite Anse bay. Descend down lushly forested paths to the secluded powder-sand beach or rise to the dramatic heights of the contemporary spa, cantilevered off the hillside with views that stretch forever. The villa interiors are inspired by rustic Seychellois and French colonial style. Simple, whitewashed timber slat walls allow our carefully curated collection of objets d’art to sing. The verandah, day bed pavilion, and infinity plunge pool set off unencumbered views of tropical greenery, the white sand enclosed in the bay, and the azure waters of the Indian Ocean. With only 67 villas and suites raised on stilts amongst mango, jackfruit and cinnamon trees on a 180-hectare site nestled in the natural amphitheatre of Petite Anse, the resort is a haven of untouched nature and peaceful isolation. From castaway days to vibrant Creole nights, bask in the cultural and culinary essences of the Seychelles infused with legendary Four Seasons care.Treehouse villas have their own private infinity pool cleverly integrated into vast wooden terraces, indoor and outdoor showers and large ocean-view baths. Journey to wellness at the hilltop spa where yoga and invigorating treatments await. Relaxation next to the white powder sands and azure waters is taken to the next level by a beach service tailored to make your time in the warm Seychelles climate as comfortable as possible, while recreation activities bring fun and adventure to those looking to try something new. "Kids for All Seasons" will keep young guests entertained, allowing parents to spend private moments together. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Olotels and HotelsClick so you can book your Four Seasons Resort Seychelles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.