“Two visits in three years...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Resort Seychelles

You added Four Seasons Resort Seychelles to your Saves list
Four Seasons Resort Seychelles
5.0 of 5 Resort   |   Petite Anse | P.O. Box 1397, Baie Lazare, Mahe Island, Seychelles   |
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Fourth Night Free!
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Baie Lazare
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Two visits in three years...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

This resort is truly stunning and possibly the best Four Seasons that I have ever stayed in. My wife and I live on the beach in Dubai so there was no need for us to get a hill top room for the view and for us we feel the hill top rooms are not ideally located as not in walking distance to any of the resorts amenities. We have always stayed in cinnamon crescent room 306, the villas are well appointed with stunning bathrooms and sunken baths, the view from the bath is the infinity pool, quite special.The service is fantastic, just what you would expect from Four Seasons I particularly like the fact that all of the staff addressed you by your name at all times, not just in reception.

The spa is very nice, relaxing and offers stunning views of the Indian Ocean, cost wise it is not cheap but you expect to pay for these services at a 5 star deluxe resort.

The restaurants were nice, Kannel was great for lunch and dinner but I found the choice and food of a slightly higher quality in ZEZ.

Petite Anse is a stunning location for this resort and its perfect if like me you have been to Mahe and other Seychelles islands many times before but if its your first time you must remember that the resort is in a relatively remote location so travel to Victoria or other restaurants in areas like Beau Vallon will take 30 minutes and travel is not cheap as petrol in Seychelles is similar in cost to most European countries.

My local restaurant tips would be Maria rocks !! It is 2 minutes from the hotel, you will find hotel staff there on most evenings. great local fish / meat and you cook it your self on hot stones. A great experience and the cost is very low. another great restaurant is Glace8 but again it is 30 minutes from the hotel, another good restaurant in Victoria would be Mariantoinettes.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Paul C,

Firstly, let me thank you for choosing Four Seasons Resort Seychelles for your vacation once again. It is really a wonderful compliment to the Resort and our wonderful team.

Thank you for posting such a lovely review of our services, and also sharing such great recommendations with our future guests. There is a lot to do around the island, for those who want to explore a little more of the Seychelles.

I sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back to Petite Anse very soon.

Alex Porteous

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

This resort is artistically designed blending into the natural, beautiful landscape. Each villa is spacious and appointed with everything you'd want for a relaxing island vacation. We especially loved stargazing at night from the chaises by the private infinity pool. We had our two small children with us, and the resort has a great kids club we used when they needed a break from the sun or for us to have a couple's dinner. The beach is heavenly and warm. Plenty of water activities available, but we mostly build sand castles with the kids. I was very impressed to be welcomed in person by the resort manager. It was a nice touch that I haven't experienced before at other FS properties. The hotel staff efficiently and graciously helped us meet all our needs and wants which was especially nice when it concerned our children. They even put a railing up in our villa to keep our kids safe from the water and falling into the chaise pit. Our kids particularly enjoyed the daily treats in our room. We ordered a lot of room service which wasn't an additional charge and really took advantage of time in the villa. The food was good, but not great. However, they hit a homerun with the breakfast buffet which is incredibly diverse and delicious. Loved the pain au chocolat! The only thing I would like to see improvement on is the beach service which seems clunky and sporadic. Someone brought fruit skewers out once a day, but I would also like to see fun extras like that (smoothies, cold towels, etc.) more frequently like I've experienced at other FS. Overall, this place is fantastic, and we had a lovely family beach vacation.

Room Tip: If you have children, the garden villas really are conveniently located and service happens very qui...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Chaput_Family,

Thank you for choosing to spend you vacation with us, and for leaving such a detailed review of our product and services. I'm so pleased that you and your family enjoyed such a wonderful stay with us. I have taken on board your feedback on the beach service. We are constantly trying to better our service and exceed our guests' expectations. If you have any specific feedback on how you think we could better the beach service or food then I'd love to hear from you. Please do drop me an email to alex.porteous@fourseasons.com - if you have a couple of moments to spare I'd really appreciate it.

I'm so please that the kids enjoyed their amenities and time in the Kids Club, and that it meant that you could enjoy some "grown-up" time at dinner, safe in the knowledge that they were having a great time with the Kids For All Seasons team.

I hope that you will visit us again soon and that we can better your fabulous stay. I will, of course, make sure that we have some Pain au Chocolat on standby for you!

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed here in early December for four nights and absolutely loved it. We booked a hilltop ocean view villa which included a large plunge pool, an outdoor shower and wonderful ocean and sunset views. We opted for the hotel pick-up which was wonderful and included a split of champagne in the car. Our driver met us on time, easy pick-up and gave us great history about both the resort and the island during the 45 minute drive.

(The car service was an extra treat but not necessary if you don't want to splurge for it, its a very small airport and easy to get a cab.)

Our room was gorgeous and quite large and ready for us when we arrived before check-in time. In fact, the hotel called our travel agent to confirm our flight so that the room could be ready which was much appreciated.

The resort is built into a mountain so for the hilltop villas you need the staff to pick you up in golf carts to take you to the facilities, beach, restaurant, etc. We did not mind this but if you are someone who does not want to wait 10 minutes for the resort to pick you up, if this is going to annoy you every time you want to pop back into your room from the beach, I would suggest an ocean or garden room closer to the main resort buildings. That being said, the buggy service is prompt and worth it for a room built into a mountain with amazing views.

After some of the reviews about the food at this resort I was braced for the worst but was pleasantly surprised with the food and beverage service. The best thing to do is to keep it simple here. Room service was always prompt which was extra impressive knowing they had to get it to our villa up those hills in a buggy. During the day we ate at the beach or the pool and it was definitely above average, again, stick to local fishes and fresh preparations and you will be very pleased. One day I asked for a substitution at lunch and the kitchen happily complied. This is a very small place in the middle of an ocean, if you need five-star michelin food every night, this might not be the place for you and by place I mean the Seychelles in general. We did not have any dinners at the hotel, we chose to eat out at night but we did enjoy the breakfast buffet which was massive and well-done. For dinner, the hotel provided taxi service which waited for us and drove us back each night. It is important to remember these are local restaurants, the food is lovely, fresh from the ocean but this is not a fancy place, Seychelles has a very barefoot, casual elegance. The food will be straight out of ocean, but there will be paper napkins!

I highly recommend a stay here. Come for the perfect beaches, the amazing rooms and definitely the service. Everyone here was extremely friendly, helpful and invested in us having a wonderful trip. Anything we needed happened quickly, efficiently and with a smile. You will feel like family, the service is just impeccable and it is right on Mahe so once you drag yourself all the way to the Seychelles you do not need to take anymore flights.

They seem to be working incredibly hard on the food issue and we very much appreciated the effort. We loved the mezze platter, the fresh fish and most of the grilled items. Room service was laid out each time on a table next to our pool in five star fashion. This is not a hotel that is messing around. They are getting the food right a little more each day and I am sure by our next trip it will have gone from good to fabulous.

This was a beautiful and relaxing start to our honeymoon. I cannot thank the staff and management enough for making sure our stay was so memorable, we will definitely be back soon.

Room Tip: We stayed in villa 102, highly recommended for its views of the beach and amazing sunsets.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Vonn_W,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review of the Resort, with so many positive comments. It is great to read your praise of our efforts in raising the standards in Food and Beverage, and also recognising the more rustic feel of many of the great local restaurants here.

It's wonderful to see how much you enjoyed the great service, particularly by our In-Villa Dining team, and I will pass on your praise to them. I'm glad you enjoyed the beauty and seclusion of the resort, and delighted that we could help you make memories that you will keep forever.

I sincerely hope that you will be back to enjoy this little piece of paradise found again soon. It will be our pleasure to welcome you back.

İstanbul, Türkiye
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

We spent four nights the beginning of December and were totally spoiled by the prompt & courteous attention from the moment we drove up to the door. The tiny town of Victoria, Four Seasons Seychelles makes you feel as if you have stepped the paradise. We enjoyed the fresh home-made lemonade served into our villa. The service spirit was top notch. ZEZ, offering the best of sushi, was the perfect place to dine.

Great people, great food, great villa, great beach...this is an experience that should not be missed!

Room Tip: All villas in the property are perfectly located!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Dear EsraLevent,

Thank you for your kind words in your recent review. I'm so pleased to see that you felt spoilt, and enjoyed all the small touches during your stay. I will pass on your praise to the team at ZEZ Lounge for their great work.

We hope you can visit us again for some more precious time in our little piece of paradise.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012 via mobile

We have been staying at this resort for the past few days as part of our honeymoon. Everything has been great - service and attention to detail is amazing.

But unfortunately the food was just quite sub par for the most part. Breakfast was so-so and same for the poolside restaurant. Most disappointing was the room service food. Just that the flavors are a bit off and I found myself constantly have to season my dishes all the time and I'm usually quite okay with blander dishes. It makes me wonder if the chefs had the taste buds or sense for something that is served at a 5 star restaurant. We were so disappointed with the food that we had to get a taxi to eat out (and taxis are quite pricey. Easily 50euros round trip just to go to a restaurant).Tonight we were too lazy to go out and went to ZEZ for their Italian buffet dinner (surprisingly they do not offer any a la carte options). The buffet was surprisingly okay and I'm pleased that the food was actually decent.

I don't know if we are just being too picky but the food at outside restaurants are just so-so as well and we had already ventured out to highly recommended restaurants on the island. Obviously the hotel is pricier even with the taxi fare included but after tonight we concluded that it is better to just eat at the hotel vs going out. Though of course we wished the food was of higher quality. Maybe the food in Seychelles is just generally below standard in many ways...

I will still highly recommend the four seasons as the hardware and service has been amazing. Spa treatments were also quite good.

• Stayed December 2012
Alex_Porteous, General Manager at Four Seasons Resort Seychelles, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Dear travellezzie,

Thank you for your great feedback about our food and beverage. This is an area that we are concentrating on taking to the next level, with the dedicated support of our new Food and Beverage Director and new Executive Chef. If you have any more feedback we'd love to hear it. If you get a chance to drop me a quick email please feel very free to do so, at alex.porteous@fourseasons.com.

It's wonderful to hear that you would recommend us, and I hope that you will come back yourself for another stay soon.

General manager
Cologne, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

We just came back from this paradise and we want to come there again! Its the best that you can find for winter holidays. Everything is on the top. Villa, service, beach.... We stayed 5 nights in a hilltop ocean view villa. When you come in your villa and you see this view, you totally loose your head. Its WOW! You understand that finally you found PARADISE. We were surprised by welcoming champagne and breakfast in the room. You start to feel since the first step in this hotel that they really care about you. The beach... The beach is amazing: white sand, blue clear water, wonderful view and silence. You come and after you don't want to move from there. Service is perfect. They are quick and professional, always smiling and without stress. Food is delicious. And they make the best coconut milkshake. Of course you necessary need to try their SPA. Stunning view, nice personal and relaxing massage.... You even don't need to walk, there is buggies service. Everything is so easy. You just need to enjoy your time.

Thank you so much for You, Alex, and for your great team.

Hope to see this paradise soon again. We already miss it!

Yann&Jovita (Aix en Provence)

Dear Jo D,

Thank you for such a wonderfully detailed review. It's fantastic to see that you were wowed by our staff and service, and by the incredible setting in Petite Anse bay.

I hope that we can welcome you back again to our little piece of paradise found for more coconut milkshakes!

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

We stayed at this resort between Nov17th and Nov25th and had a fantastic week. Actually this is the very first review I'm writing because I'm so excited about the place. It is absolutely gorgeous (the website doesn't do it justice), with stunning views, beautiful villas and an amazing "private" bay - so basically paradise. It's impossible to mention everything we liked about this place, but here are some points (also some minor issues):

Villas: The hotel is situated on a hill, with villas scattered all around and drowning in trees (or rather a jungle). Every villa has a beautiful private infinity pool, several terraces, a large bedroom and an equally large dressing room/bathroom, an outdoor shower and a bathtub with amazing views. Everything is very tastefully decorated, with colors matching the colors of the jungle and the famous granite rocks (see photos). Our villa (405) was very secluded and completely hidden by trees. However, we saw a couple of neighboring villas where you could see the pool/shower or the terrace from the outside, which is obviously not great for anybody and especially for a young couple. So make sure to ask for a quiet villa when you book. Also we "just" had a garden view villa, but the big advantage was that we could walk to both restaurants and to the beach. Sea view villas are great, but here people were really dependent on a buggy, where the waiting time was usually 10-15min if they were not lucky or didn't order one in advance.

Pool and beach: The pool area is at the foot of the hill, right at the beach, about 10min walk through the gorgeous park/jungle from our villa. The pool is very nice, with super warm water and a nice lounge/restaurant around it. The beach is not technically private, since no beaches are private on the island, but it's so hard to get to it from outside the hotel, that there was nobody ever there except for hotel guests. So imagine a long bay, with sand white and soft like flour, palm trees and granite stones, turquoise blue 28°C warm water, beautiful sunsets - and all that with just 20-30 people around. Maldives is the only place where I've experienced this kind of seclusion and beauty.

Diving and snorkeling: Snorkeling can be done right there, a couple of meters off the beach. It's not as good as on e.g. Maldives in terms of colors and variety of fish types, but it's still okay. The cool thing is that every afternoon around 4pm sting rays and other rays come into the bay - on one day we saw 12 rays at once and on another we saw a giant ray (c. 2 meters wide). My boyfriend went diving twice and loved it. The diving spots are 15-30min away by boat. During his second dive he even came across 3 huge whale sharks and swam with them for half an hour, which obviously was a fantastic experience.

Food and drinks: The are two restaurants at the hotel: the restaurant around the pool and another one slightly up the hill (ZEZ restaurant and sushi lounge). Breakfast was served at the ZEZ restaurant and was pretty good, incl. all possible kinds of bakery, eggs, salads, meat, fresh passionfruit, mango and other juices and a huge fruit bar. Lunch and drinks at the pool restaurant were also great (I recommend a Go Green shake and seafood linguine). For dinner, however, we went to the pool restaurant twice and were quite disappointed. The restaurant mostly offers Indian and Creole cuisine, which really was not up to the hotel standards. This is one of very few points I didn't like about the place. The Creole buffet on our first night was expensive and really not great. It might have been ok in a less expensive hotel, but it was not good enough for this place. On the other hand, food at ZEZ restaurant and sushi lounge was amazing. The quality of the sushi was really really good and food in the main restaurant was very diverse and very high quality. We went to this restaurant about 5 times and loved it. Here we'd like to thank Santosh, the sushi chef, and Che Wan, who really took care of us.

Service: this is the best thing about this hotel. I've really never experienced such service in any other hotel - EVER. First, everybody is just very nice, helpful and genuinely friendly. I think all employees are proud to work for Four Seasons and, in general, people on the Seychelles seem to be quite happy and relaxed. We never got this kind of fake friendliness where you know that people in fact really resent tourists and hate their job. Apart from that, the hotel reeeeally tries to keep guests happy: for example, one day we had to wait for our lunch for an hour, because there was a large group ordering at the same time and the waiter probably got overwhelmed. After we complained (and we were not even that mad about it), we got our lunch for free, free cocktails for the rest of the afternoon on the beach, a bottle of champagne at dinner, free sushi as a starter (which was amazing) and a cake. In any other hotel, people would have probably just apologized and maybe offered us free lunch. Things like this happened throughout our stay - the slightest inconvenience was more than made up for.

Spa: The Spa building offers the most stunning views in the resort. Make sure you go to the roof and take some pics. I never actually had any treatments, but attended several yoga classes (group yoga classes are inclusive), which turned out to be private as nobody else ever showed up. The classes were in an incredible setting: in an outside pavilion at the Spa, overlooking the resort and the bay. The yoga teacher, Nischal Rajveer from India, is amazing and is the best yoga teacher I've ever had, be it in a hotel or in any yoga studio at home. I hope that the hotel management can appreciate what they have in him.

Animal life: besides rays and whale sharks, animal lovers can admire 5 super friendly turtles (especially Tedwina and Socrates), cute hedgehogs and fruit bats that come out at sunset and fly about the resort. Eerie and beautiful!!!

Minor improvement points:
- 10€ per day for internet access in the villa: I don't get why some hotels keep charging for internet access. Nowadays it should be part of standard services, such as TV. Obviously 10€ is not nothing compared to the room rate, but it just makes a bad impression. At least there was free wifi at the beach, pool area and in restaurants, but still, this is something from the old ages...
- buggy service was relatively slow
- dinner at the pool restaurant: I already mentioned this before, food could be better

Otherwise this is truly an amazing place and I would give it 10 stars if I could. Definitely coming back!

Room Tip: Ask for a secluded room - there are some villas that are not
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Olga I,

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a glowing review of the Resort on TripAdvisor. Some great tips and hints for our future guests there! We are making big changes to our food and beverage offering, so thank you for your patience. I hope you can notice the improvements on your next visit. If you have any specific feedback I'd love to hear it. My email address is alex.porteous@fourseasons.com

I look forward very much to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Baie Lazare
Constance Ephelia
Constance Ephelia
#4 of 36 in Mahe Island
4.5 of 5 stars 2,105 reviews

Been to Four Seasons Resort Seychelles? Share your experiences!