“ROMANTIC RESORT” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 23 Hotels in Mbour
Melbourne, Australia
“ROMANTIC RESORT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2013

Second time i visit this beautiful resort in the middle of Saly and second time i want to tell everybody how nice it is. Coming from Australia after a very long flight you never expect to find a jewel like this in Africa. This is the most romantic place i visit in my life. It looks like every small detail was prepared for the benefit of the visitors. YOu can really find peace in a quiet resort where water are always surronding you. From the front desk until the restaurant everybody cares about you with a friendly smile. They remembered my name from the first time i visited The Rhino Resort one year ago. The SPA is amazing and i made masages with Valerie and Natalie. After you try you understand why this hotel was selected the best hotel SPA in the World last year!
This time i found a gym and a new restaurant, with a beach swimming pool with white sand. The worst is to leave again this place, but i start already counting my days to come again next year.

Room Tip: 103 is my prefered room
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Arabic first
Nairobi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

Every time you visit a resort or spa hotel your first experience tends to be the best. After my last visit to Rhino Resort the staff and ambience continues to amaze me with their exemplary service and ambiance. The Hotel has recently expanded with an addition of amenities that help you to relax and enjoy your stay. Even though I may be doing business in Dakar I always look forward to visiting Rhino resort for a couple of days.

Room Tip: Pool facing Rooms are great!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Texas City, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

For me it´s really difficult to understand the reviews under 5 stars. This Resort is beautiful and has pleinty of areas to relax. Before traveling to The Rhino Resort Hotel & Spa we read a lot of reviews. From the moment we booked our trip, we began reading Tripadvisor reviews and we realized that this was the best in Senegal. We stayed there for 7 days. The room was peaceful, romantic, in excellent shape, with incredible drawings on the wall and with a confortable beds. WIFI is free and high speed. The food was served in a beautiful restaurant beside the swimming pool and the food was always very good. Breakfast was a buffet and had a large variety of food and the quality was very excellent, specially delicious creps. We purchased a full board meal plan. The front desk was always helpful to us and they remebered our names from the beggining. They make us to feel like home. The staff was always very kind, attentive and warm. The SPA is the best of the best!!!! I would like to highly recommend this hotel and now i understand why it was elected the Best International Spa Hotel last year.

Room Tip: We stayed in parking side. Excellent and very quiet.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

We went for a long weekend and we were positively surprised about the hotel and it's staff. We understood quickly why it ranks so high on trip advisor (which was our guide to chose this hotel in the first place). Service is impeccable and the rooms are great. We were offered a promotion for full board at time of booking and did at no point regret it. The hotel with its spa, pools and rooms is a little haven and very different to the average Senegal hotel. Staff is very polite, attentive without being in your face, the food is dangerously good and the rooms are great. Well equipped and maintained. We had a standard room which left nothing to desire and the bath is simply stunning. The hotel is not directly on the beach, but we didn't feel we missed out on anything. We can highly recommend this hotel if you want to chill out and not worry about anything for a few days.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We are experienced travelers (44+ countries) and under developed countries are not a new experience. So we are used to staying in sub par places. But the Rhino markets itself as a premier resort (you don't put "spa" in the name of a place if you are providing a "roughing it" type of experience). The prices were also quite dear so upon our arrival we expected what we paid for. Rhino failed here. Our room, and the other three we looked at to try to placate our inefficient air conditioning, were all 30 degrees Celsius or more. The management assured us it would get better. Overnight the lowest temperature we saw was 27 degrees, that's 80+ degrees Fahrenheit. As I explained to the management 27 degrees is not air-conditioning and the units were undersized for all the rooms. Plus the suite only had one unit. We insisted on a refund and the management refused. Our room had been paid in advance as part of a tour. We are now fighting with the tour company over the cost. We shortened our trip and left Senegal two days early.

On the positive side the staff was very friendly and kind. The restaurant was fairly nice as well, although we were at first a bit miffed about eating outside.

The resort is also right on a busy road and you hear motorcycles and cars much of the night.

Room Tip: bring your own air conditioning.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Nairobi, Kenya
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

I went to senegal for a business, after four busy days working hard, my workmate told me about a best spa in africa, of course I couldn't belive that, so my friend (company hahahah) payed me two nights in rhino hotel, and it was true the spa was increible and amazing but I was surprised with the hotel. I love good food, so I enjoy in one of the best restaurants in all Africa. I will come back with my wife because I think is a romantic place.

Room Tip: I love rooms in front of the pool
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dakar
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I spend 5 days in this Resort with my company in a business meeting. I really was surprised to find a hotel like this in Senegal because i live here in Dakar and even i heard a lot about The Rhino Resort and about the amazing SPA they have, i never could imagine a jewel like this. It,s fantastic!
The staff is helpful and they care about you all the time you need always with a smile. The food was very good and from the restaurant you can see the cookers to prepare your food.
The SPA is something unique, a realaxing place to be and to spend time alone or with friends.
The conference room are nice and the decoration of the hotel is a mixed african asian style with water everywhere.
From now i know where to spend my weekends and next weekend i,ll bring my family too because i realized that they have a lot of space for children.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Rhino Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!