“Terrible, Not a 4 stars Hotel!!!!!!” 2 of 5 stars

Hotel Les Amaryllis
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Station de Saly | BP 236, Mbour, Senegal   |
Ranked #20 of 23 Hotels in Mbour
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Terrible, Not a 4 stars Hotel!!!!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

The bedrooms are ok, but the food is horrible, service is horrible! they don clean they tablecloth, we had bkfst on a dirty table. the food oh my God, Just horrible....I will not recommend this hotel to anyone.They are far from the beach, We had mosquitoes in our bedroom, We couldn't use our credit card to pay our bill, we had to pay the total amount at check in, most of the time the hotel is empty and now I understand why....Horrible experience...This hotel is not a 4 star!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Rome
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2011

I have slept 3 nights here for a business retreat off season.

The positives: friendly staff, spacious room, located close to the beach (but still one of the furthest from the beach).

The negatives: not so helpful staff (they're still friendly), horrible cramped little meeting rooms, totally unreliable internet connection, no internet connection in the rooms (from the second day nobody fixed it), dirty swimming pool, cramped little bathrooms and showers, average food with very little variety, on arrival room had no toilet paper and complimentary water bottle (both important when you arrive at 4am after a long flight).

Room Tip: Get your room away from the first row in front of the swimming pool as you could get events in the e...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights this month and had a nice experience. the personel was kind. My husband did not like it as much as I did but I like it very much. The only thing was that the room as so hot when you first check in. The fridge is empty. I loved the decor. I had a lot of rest but did not sleep on one night because there were too many mosquitoes even with the A/C blowing. Overall, I liked my experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Les Amaryllis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel Les Amaryllis

Address: Station de Saly | BP 236, Mbour, Senegal
Location: Senegal > Thies Region > La Petite Cote > Mbour
Bar / Lounge Beach Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
#11 On the Beach Hotel in Mbour
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Hotel Les Amaryllis 3.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and Venere so you can book your Hotel Les Amaryllis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Hotel Les Amaryllis Senegal/Mbour

If you own or manage Hotel Les Amaryllis, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.