The decision of climbing Toubkal in December was determined by the fact I had a business trip to Morocco and my wife could join me but we had a good luck with the weather.
We had limited time and tried to see as much of Morocco as possible and Mohammed Imerhane (found through Google as a representative of Imlil Bureau des Guides and the co-owner of the guest house) offered us excelent services for reasonable price:
- best regards to Jamal (our mountain guide for Toubkal) !
- accommodation at Tamatert Guest house
- crampons and other equipment rental
- and later we even agreed to trip Marrakech - Dades Gorge - Todra Gorge - Merzouga/Sahara and back, which was also perfect.
The Tamatert guest house has a magnificient view of mountains (watch the sunset and/or sunrise from the terrace !), traditional Berber interior and the diner taijins are excelent.
The accomodation at Armoud village or upper Imlil may save some walking or donkey/taxi riding when ascending Toubkal but the walking through the village is interesting and the donkey riding to guest house after Toubkal descend was a lot of fun for my wife.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The guesthouse has 2 double rooms, 3 triple rooms and rooms for larger groups. If you bring your own bedding, you also have the option to sleep beneath the shooting stars on our rooftop terrace at an astronomical price. Wherever you stay, we want you to make yourself at home! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Tamatert Guesthouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.