““Really great tour at very good price”” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 18 attractions in Imlil
Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: We are specialists in trekking and climbing in Atlas Mountains, with over 20 years experience of organising a wide variety of trips for clients from all over the world.Atlas Mountains and sahara are a unique and very special part of Morocco. I will be very happy to share my expertise with you to plan your dream trip,
Par, United Kingdom
““Really great tour at very good price””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Ahmed was excellent, responding very promptly and helpfully to our changing requirements from my first enquiry onwards, and putting together the perfect day trip for us. One of our party was not well, and we weren't sure until the day how much walking would be possible, so Ahmed came up with different options involving walks of varying length or no walk at all, in the beautiful valleys around Imlil.

He arrived within 15 minutes of our agreed time, despite our hotel actually being some distance along unsurfaced tracks from their advertised address which I'd given him before departing for Morocco. We then enjoyed a comfortable journey in a 4x4 car through the foothills, followed by wonderful walk with amazing views of the High Atlas peaks covered in snow and Berber villages clinging to the rocks above us - the contrast with the lush green woods in the valley floor and the arid mountainsides and snowfields above in Spring was fabulous. And after the walk, we had a delicious lunch - the best bread we tasted in Morocco and one of the best tagines. All in all, a day to remember.

Ahmed was friendly and helpful throughout, seemed to know everyone in the villages we walked through, and was able to answer all our questions about life in the Berber communities in the mountains from the perspective of someone who had actually grown up and spent his life there.

Visited March 2013

New York City, New York
“Amazing tour of Ourika Valley”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I visited Morocco with 4 friends, and when arrived in Marrakech we were happy to find that the tour guides had contacted our hotel with instructions for our tour the next day. Ahmed, our guide for the day, arrived promptly at our hotel to pick us up, and was extremely friendly from the start. He made very clear to our group that we should feel free to ask to stop anywhere along the way. On the ride to Ourika Valley, my group bombarded Ahmed with questions about Marrakesh, the Berbers, and more. We failed to stump him, he was very knowledgeable. Once we got to Ourika Valley, Ahmed gave us a very thorough history of the Berber people and encouraged us to stop to take pictures and meet locals along the way. During our hike, he showed off his mountain climbing skills and my group had a lot of fun. At the end of the hike, he was more than happy with our group's request to have lunch at a smaller, local eatery. I highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting Marrakesh!!! Ahmed and the team are great!

Visited February 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Really great tour at very good price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We visited Morocco for new years and travelled to Imlil at the start of our trip.

I had planned a two day trek with Ahmed, and everything was organised and planned very well by him.

The guide Ahmed provided was excellent. He spoke fluent English, knew the area very well and was very friendly and polite.

Food was also very good and ample.

The price was excellent for the service provided, and it was great to deal directly with a local like Ahmen.

Visited January 2013
Montereale Valcellina, Italy
“““Fantastic tour of Morocco”””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

We had a very nice trip to the High Atlas (Ounakrim and Jebel Toubkal), and this we have to send our deepest thanks to Ahmed and his colleagues. Ahmed supported us with many good advices, and a very good guide and cook. I can absolutely give the very very best for feedback to them. Great!

Looking forward to drop by some time in the future

Visited November 2012
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Mount Toubkal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

My husband and I spent 6 days in the Atlas mountains, including an ascent of Toubkal,
We arranged the whole trip via email with Ahmed, who was very quick to respond to all my questions.
at the start of our trip in Imlil, Ahmed gave us plenty of excellent advice and assistance (arranging mules, muleteers & porters etc
I would really recommend trekkinginmorocco.net and would certainly use them if we go back to Morocco - thanks guys!

Visited September 2012