“Absolutely fantastic!” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Tours
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Fee: Yes
Owner description: Trek In Morocco: Specializes in treks in Morocco into the Atlas Mountains: Toubkal, M’Goun, Sirwa and Sahro ranges and Amezmiz valley, which can be tailor made to suit your needs, from a one day guided walk to complete treks. Our itineraries can be adapted to the number of days available, size of group (from single travelers to large groups), level of fitness and accommodation required.
London, United Kingdom
“Absolutely fantastic!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I was in Marrakech for nearly two weeks and was mostly working. I was able to get away for two days to climb Mt. Toubkal, and after researching a number of tour operators and guides, I went with Imlil Trek. From the moment I got in touch, they were great. Jamal, the co-owner, was very responsive via email, answered all of my questions, and got everything arranged for me on just a couple days' notice. Everything was taken care of starting with a pick-up at my hotel in Marrakech. At Imlil, I linked up with my guide, Hassan, who was great, and we made it to the refuge that afternoon. A snowstorm that night, however, meant that most guides weren't bringing their clients up to the summit. Hassan agreed to give it a shot, though, and along with another climber and guide, we were the only ones to get to the top of Toubkal that day. Hassan was careful, and at no point did it feel like we were taking unnecessary risks, but since it was my only day to try and make the summit, I was thrilled to have a knowledgeable guide that could get to the top with me. It's clear that Imlil Trek goes above and beyond to give their clients a great experience, and I would highly recommend them to anybody that wants to do a bit of trekking in the High Atlas!

Visited February 2013

London, United Kingdom
101 attraction reviews
3,316 helpful votes 3,316 helpful votes
“Plenty of steep hill-walking but totally worth it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

As I was staying in Marrakech for 6 days in October We decided to do a day trip trekking in Imlil and met our guide there. We went up these woodlands, it was rocky and steep and pretty exhausting - make sure you put hiking boots on for this trekking. We managed to get to the top in a Berber village and had some lovely meat + vegetarian tagines, salads, fruits and mint tea in the tour guide's house. The people there are so friendly and made us felt very welcome. After lunch with the Berber family, we headed off ascending on the other side of the valley before descending steeply down back to the village of Imlil. During the trek, we took so many spectacular shots of views of the valleys and mountains in and around this beautiful national park of Toubkal - Mount Toubkal looked absolutely spectacular. If you are not that fit, get a donkey ride to make it easier for you. Although it is cooler in October in Imlil unlike hot and steamy Marrakech but it was still relatively warm.enough not to wear woollen clothing. Imlil is 1.5 hours drive south of Marrakech and on the way there we stopped at a town called Tahnaout at a Argan Oil factory and purchased some of that stuff from there. All in all, I had a great day and it is worth a day trip here - you will not be disappointed.

Visited October 2012
Stafford, United Kingdom
“Imlil trek with mule ride”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

Stunning views of mountains and villages Mule ride a must Villagers were extremily friendly and guide very helpful Be prepared to visit a shop at end of tour and some hard bargining.If you dont want to purchase dont go in and be firm

Visited January 2013
southampton
69 attraction reviews
“Fantastic day trek, really worthwhile.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

During our 4 days in Marrakech we pre-booked a Mountain trek with Imlil based on the fabulous reviews in Trip Advisor. We certainly were not disappointed. The Atlas Mountains can be seen from Marrakech and it was lovely to spend a day away from the bustle of the city. We were picked up from our Riad at 9.00am and driven by taxi to Imlil where we met Hassan and Jamal. After a coffee and a short briefing, where they discussed our preferences, we began the trek. It starts through woodlands and works its way to a waterfall. At the time we went (November) it was quiet and a lovely temperature for walking. Some of the terrain is fairly steep but not too taxing and Hassan was informative and a very cheeky chappy!. We stopped briefly in a Berber shop and met Robin Hood!. Well worth the stop though and I bought a beautiful necklace after lots of bartering. Continuing on we eventually arrived at Jamals house where a lovely lunch cooked by his wife awaited us. We were the only two and felt priviledged to spend time in his home. The terrace where we ate overlooked the mountains and it was certainly one of those moments you do not forget.
After lunch we continued up to Hassan`s village and it was interesting to see the houses.
Overall the climb/trek was manageable for two novice climbers and we coped well in decent trainers. I would suggest walking boots though as it is easy to stumble on the looser terrain. We just did not have the room to pack them.
After walking back to the village we were met by our taxi driver and returned to the Riad for around 5.00pm.
It was a truly lovely day and I can wholeheartedly recommend this. Don`t worry about pre-booking, it really is very straightforward and legitimate.

Visited November 2012
Newcastle, United Kingdom
“Tremendous! An absolute MUST to see this area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Really professional outfit, Jamal and the guys really know their stuff. We felt safe and well looked after throughout.
A good guide is so important for this region, their expert local knowledge allowed us to see areas we wouldn't have been able to reach on our own.

Visited November 2012