Very nice place to spend relaxing honeymoon or holiday. Big positive is a beautiful beach, where you can take a long walk with amazing views on turquoise ocean and white sand or just lounge under umbrella on a sunbed. During our stay we had a calm ocean with a pleasant breeze, only last day it was more windy with waves and seagrass. Snorkeling is nice, but boring in one hour.. :) Staff in Bougainville is extremely helpful and friendly. Let me mention Pinky and Pooja, girls with smile in every situation :) Rooms are simple, little bit old, cleaned up every day, with balcony or terrace. When you stay in a ground floor it is a little bit public, you have no privacy, because everyone who is walking through the grounds peer on you :) In the room was a kettle, coffee, tea, good working AC, TV, no fridge. Simple, but sufficient. The only negative is unfortunately the food. Poor selection for breakfast, poor selection for lunch and dinner. Maybe the hotel should stop offer All inclusive and stay by the half board. Food is not tasty, sorry, but we didn't like it. We only enjoyed pancakes and our honeymoon dinner. But food is really matter of opinion, so maybe other people like it :) Pool is small, but clean. Bougainville is a small, family, friendly hotel, 50minutes from airport and we really liked the stay here. Very good value for money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainville is a 3 star hotel of relaxed atmosphere, situated in Trou d’Eau Douce, along the east coast of Mauritius.Built along a very wide beach of fine white sand and a protected lagoon, the hotel is appreciated, among other things, for its genuineness, its welcome and the availability of its staff.The 51 comfortable and simple rooms are nested in warm ochre bungalows in total harmony with the trees and flowers of the garden around.Guests are guaranteed total exotic new surroundings between the swaying branches of the filao trees, the elegant paradisiacal Ile aux Cerfs on the horizon and the lagoon with its hues of blues and greens.Bougainville hotel is totally adapted for a relaxing holiday as a couple, a family or a group of friends. Sea activities lovers are spoilt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Bougainville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainville Hotel Mauritius
- Hotel Bougainville Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce