The hotel is in a lovely position on the beach. Rooms and staff are good, but unfortunately the food was awful. We had the same food nearly every day twice a day. Everyone was complaining but until a couple of days before we left nothing was done. They have got 3 new chefs so maybe it will improve now. Hotel needs a refurbishment badly because all the furniture on the beach is very tired looking, and there are no chairs in the garden behind the beach or in the front garden. The room was clean but again new chairs and tables needed on the balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bougainville is a 3 star hotel of relaxed atmosphere, situated in Trou d’Eau Douce, along the east coast of Mauritius.Built along a very wide beach of fine white sand and a protected lagoon, the hotel is appreciated, among other things, for its genuineness, its welcome and the availability of its staff.The 51 comfortable and simple rooms are nested in warm ochre bungalows in total harmony with the trees and flowers of the garden around.Guests are guaranteed total exotic new surroundings between the swaying branches of the filao trees, the elegant paradisiacal Ile aux Cerfs on the horizon and the lagoon with its hues of blues and greens.Bougainville hotel is totally adapted for a relaxing holiday as a couple, a family or a group of friends. Sea activities lovers are spoilt. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, BookingOdigeoWL, Travelocity, Agoda and Venere so you can book your Hotel Bougainville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bougainville Hotel Mauritius
- Hotel Bougainville Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce