Our 4th visit! Well you can imagine how we were somewhat apprehensive as to would it be as good as before. If it was this would be a record as we have only been to any other hotel three times before ( Les Sport St Luccia which ent downhill with change of ownership ). I did not win the lottery but fortune shined on us as we arrived the day europe shut down due to volcanic ash. For the next week the hotel was 100% plus occupancy, but you would not have known from an operational viewpoint apart from at dinner in 398 where getting a table was somewhat challenging in the evening & of course the towels on the beach loungers at 8.00am! We tried 398 twice & then went a la carte for the rest of our stay. We had a wonderful meal at Barlen's on our wedding anniversary & the next five meals we had there were as usal exceptional. There was one small glitch with my duck confit which was dealt with without any quibble (only paid for the wine ). Barlen was also very genourous & treated us to a meal as he has in the past. He has a great reputation for being the most friendly host, you almost feel you are at his diinner party, which of course you are! Now to safran, well what an amazing improvement in the last 18 months since we were here. The food was absolutely amazing, he has moved up at least two gears! We could not fault any of our six meals & the final meal specially prepared for us, including a personal menu was absolutely devine. Since getting back I have bought a small tandor oven to try out the recipes Ramesh gave us. The rooms on Frangipani were as ever exceptional as was the butler service both day & night. Nothing was ever a problem & we always had ice in the bucket for our duty free champagne. The Sega bar is a visit worth making, they have more snacks now, very difficult to show restraint! The bar staff are exceptional Ticram & Bheem made a great dry martinni & always knew what I needed! ( Bells & ginnger ale ).
The concierge staff where also very efficient,we needed written advice as to what restaurant we had booked on each night ( Age ). Marinna was like an understanding daugther. Well you cannot go far wrong going to this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Touessrok is one of the world's great romantic resorts. Sensuous and chic, it is the essence of cool, modern elegance basking in the cultural warmth of tropical Mauritius. The resort is set on a beautiful stretch of white-sand coastline overlooking the tranquil Trou d'Eau Douce bay. On the mainland are the suites and rooms, pools, restaurants and bars, Givenchy Spa, tennis and the kids club.Across the water are the resort's two islands - Ile aux Cerfs, with its spectacular championship golf course designed by Bernard Langer, and Ilot Mangenie, an island retreat exclusive to guests, both a short ride by private boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Escapio, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Le Touessrok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce
- Le Tousserok