Le Touessrok is a very high standard hotel. As a party of four, we had two separate rooms adjoining each other. We were greeted by a pleasant member of staff who checked us in and showed us to our room which was splendid. We were allocated a butler for ironing, errands etc.
However we did not have much use for the butler and he did become a little intrusive at times.
The pools were of a very high standard and the staff around the pool very efficient and friendly offering towels and drinks when needed. The food available at the hotel is of a good standard and the buffet restaurant offered a good choice of meals. the waiting staff at the restaurants were again of a very high standard. Although this type of holiday is never going to be a boozy affair I did find the drinks prices very high with a glass of house red costing around £12.00. This was reinforced when we visited a local shop and found the same wine on offer for less than £5.00 a bottle. On the day of departure our butler made his presence known and seemed to pop up round every corner. Similar to cheaper holidays this seems to be the norm with staff looking for a tip. However given the price of this hotel being harassed for tips was a bit of a let down.The location of this hotel is superb and if they could look at the drinks prices and the tip situation I would put it as one of my top ten hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Touessrok is one of the world's great romantic resorts. Sensuous and chic, it is the essence of cool, modern elegance basking in the cultural warmth of tropical Mauritius. The resort is set on a beautiful stretch of white-sand coastline overlooking the tranquil Trou d'Eau Douce bay. On the mainland are the suites and rooms, pools, restaurants and bars, Givenchy Spa, tennis and the kids club.Across the water are the resort's two islands - Ile aux Cerfs, with its spectacular championship golf course designed by Bernard Langer, and Ilot Mangenie, an island retreat exclusive to guests, both a short ride by private boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Venere, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Touessrok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce
- Le Tousserok