We decided to visit Mauritius as a family during the low season (April to August) and chose the Le Touessrok as our hotel. Immediately the staff were incredibly friendly, all knowing our names and welcoming us to the hotel very nicely. The food was excellent, we dined in the main restaurant all nights apart from one when we dined in the Indian fine dining restaurant. This was fantastic and because it was my wife's birthday, the preparation of our table and free champagne and cake was so generous.
One of the things which was a highlight of the stay were the hotel rooms. As a family of four, we had 2 junior suites (connected) overlooking the beach. The room was spacious and the bathroom was amazing. And the butlers who made all this happen should be very proud of themselves.
The sporting facilities were excellent. We played tennis every night and the 4 synthetic courts they offer are fantastic. The staff there provide you with free water in a ice box and towels which they leave for you at the bench and are all round up for a chat and make Le Touessrok fantastic.
My son and I had a round of golf at the Le Touessrok Championship Course. Renowned for its challenging nature, we very much enjoyed this stunning golf course which was free to Le Touessrok guests (saving us £250!). The staff there were so friendly and giving us great advice for the challenging course.
The water sports on offer are FANTASTIC!! All water sports on the Ille de Cerfs at the Le Touessrok boat house are free. We had a go at most water sports on offer (sailing, kayak, pedalo etc.) and it was great! The instructors are all VERY friendly!!
We visited Casela Nature Park, where we Walked with the Lions and experienced exquisite safari from both safari truck and Segway. This is a MUST is you are visiting Mauritius as a family but this could have never had happened if it wasn't for the hotel concierge. She organised our trip working day and night to suit the trip to our liking.
Will definitely stay here again - fantastic.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Touessrok is one of the world's great romantic resorts. Sensuous and chic, it is the essence of cool, modern elegance basking in the cultural warmth of tropical Mauritius. The resort is set on a beautiful stretch of white-sand coastline overlooking the tranquil Trou d'Eau Douce bay. On the mainland are the suites and rooms, pools, restaurants and bars, Givenchy Spa, tennis and the kids club.Across the water are the resort's two islands - Ile aux Cerfs, with its spectacular championship golf course designed by Bernard Langer, and Ilot Mangenie, an island retreat exclusive to guests, both a short ride by private boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Le Touessrok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce
- Le Tousserok