My wife and I spent 5 days in February in the hotel. It was our 5th time in Mauritius, and it is by far the best hotel we stayed in. Its is located on the east coast of the island, a 45-50 mns taxi ride from the airport.
We stayed in a junior suite located on the Frangipanie island. The room was spacious, the bed very comfortable. Sleep quality is very good, as the rooms are well sound proofed. The wifi connexion was good (even though not very fast). However I heard other clients complaining that they had to get out on the balcony to have the wifi, so I guess it depends on where your room is located in the resort. The bathroom boasted one large shower and a huge bathtub.
The big advantage of the hotel is his beaches. There are 4-5 of them, one of which is one the hotel's private island (Mangenie), a 5 mns boat ride from the hotel's jetty. On the Island, you will also find a restaurant which serves very good food (fish, lobsters, chicken, salads...).
Generally, the food served is very good. The main restaurant (where half-board customers can dine for free every day) offer a vast range of very good quality food (from local creole/indian cuisine to italian world food). You will only have to pay for the drinks (water/wine). There are 2 other restaurants, which will charge a supplement. We tried the indian restaurant, which is very good.
The hotel also offers a vast range of water sports activities (some of them free of charge) from the nearby Iles aux Cerfs (10 mns boat ride), but we did not tried them during our stay as it was very windy.
The Gym is small but well-equipped, with 4 treadmills and 2 rowing machines, plus a vast array of weight lifting machines. Unless the weather is bad, the gym is more than sufficient to handle the capacity, even when the hotel is full (which was the case when we were there -Chinese new Year period).
The Spa is branded Givenchy. The prices are not cheap (c. 100 GBP for a 50 mns massage), but it is a very relaxing experience in a very cosy environment.
Finally, the service all around the hotel is just perfect. The staff is very efficient and super friendly. When you call reception desk from your room and ask for anything, someone knocks at your door not more than 5 mns later to attend to your request.
We will certainly come back during our next trip to Mauritius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Touessrok is one of the world's great romantic resorts. Sensuous and chic, it is the essence of cool, modern elegance basking in the cultural warmth of tropical Mauritius. The resort is set on a beautiful stretch of white-sand coastline overlooking the tranquil Trou d'Eau Douce bay. On the mainland are the suites and rooms, pools, restaurants and bars, Givenchy Spa, tennis and the kids club.Across the water are the resort's two islands - Ile aux Cerfs, with its spectacular championship golf course designed by Bernard Langer, and Ilot Mangenie, an island retreat exclusive to guests, both a short ride by private boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Escapio so you can book your Le Touessrok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce
- Le Tousserok