We spent a week (13th-21st December 2012) in the hotel. We are a family of four (two boys aged 13 & 16). This was our second time at the hotel and it didn't disappoint. We stayed (as before) on Frangipani Island in two interconnecting junior suites. I prefer to stay on Frangipani Island as it is the furthest away from the communal parts of the hotel and close to the quieter beach and adults only pool. The rooms were in good condition (although the decor is a little dated now) they have been kept in good repair and do not appear tired in any way. The bedrooms have very generous his & hers clothes storage with ample room (even for my vast wardrobe!). All rooms have a TV, DVD player and i pod docking station as well as a Nespresso machine (included in price). There is free Internet access.
What we love about this hotel is that the price is "all in" (except lunch) so no massive bills for extras at the end. A fantastic breakfast with a huge selection and sumptuous evening meal. Why is it so good? Because there is NO waiting around to get a menu/to be served as the main restaurant is a buffet style with every possible food taste catered for from fresh fish/seafood grill to a rotisserie with a huge choice of meat, a stir fry chef to freshly cook your own selection, an Italian section with pasta and pizza (for fussy kids). You just go and get what you want. we have found that with kids who have been busy all day and are starving by night this is the best format. Also the food is of the HIGHEST quality - really good.
The other huge plus point for families with kids is that the water sports are included in the price, (it's not a cheap stay but still cheaper than paying daily for activities at other hotels on the island). If your kids are like mine, and want to be out doing stuff all day every day, then this is the place to be. They sailed, kayaked, snorkled and water skied (with the amazing Bertie - who can teach anyone how to ski!).
The other special thing about the hotel is their exclusive access to the secluded island just opposite the main beach, the Ilot Mangenie. You can spend time here lounging on a sun lounger or hammock on a white sand beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Touessrok is one of the world's great romantic resorts. Sensuous and chic, it is the essence of cool, modern elegance basking in the cultural warmth of tropical Mauritius. The resort is set on a beautiful stretch of white-sand coastline overlooking the tranquil Trou d'Eau Douce bay. On the mainland are the suites and rooms, pools, restaurants and bars, Givenchy Spa, tennis and the kids club.Across the water are the resort's two islands - Ile aux Cerfs, with its spectacular championship golf course designed by Bernard Langer, and Ilot Mangenie, an island retreat exclusive to guests, both a short ride by private boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Escapio and Tingo so you can book your Le Touessrok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce
- Le Tousserok