We stayed at Le Touessrok for a perfect honeymoon in Mauritius. WARNING - we are going to use the words 'amazing' and 'awesome' a lot in this review!
We were welcomed to the hotel with tea and a guided tour of the resort. This was a great beginning and let us know everything we needed to about the resort. This was followed by a greeting from our private butler (!!) who let us know how to make full use of the room.
We stayed in a junior suite in the Frangipani wing. This area was ideal for us as it was quite secluded from the rest of the resort but still close to the pool, spa, and right on the beach. The room was amazing; massive size, a big wardrobe each, a huge bath, a shower room with a waterfall shower with a bench, individual sinks, dressing table, lots of electricity access points with different sockets for different plugs. The bed was unbelievably comfortable with lots of pillow options. The options of various scented candles that they would have ready for the night whilst we were at dinner was an especially nice touch. We were on the ground floor and so had a terrace that was literally on the beach.
We wish we could give 6 stars for the service. We've never experienced anything like it. It felt like every single person went out of their way to make the holiday special for us, be it the cleaning staff, the waiters, the chefs, the people that run the activities, etc. They were all polite, friendly, always had a welcoming smile on their faces. Our friends had organised a private breakfast on the beach for us. Unfortunately it was quite windy. Without hesitation our waiter got an umbrella and sheltered us from the wind. Our room was always impecably clean and our private butler was readily available for even the smallest requests. Even when we'd left our dirty shoes outside, they'd kindly cleaned them and brought them in for us without us having to say anything. One day when we were having breakfast and had gone for more food, the waiter covered the food left on the table so that flies didn't get to it (not that there were many flies there!). These three examples stand out but there were countless others.
We had gone half board. Breakfast was always at 398. With dinner the options were either 398 for buffet or Rs1200/person at one of the a la carte restaurants (safran or barlen's). The majority of the time we chose the buffet restaurant as the food changed on a daily basis and had a lot a variety (chinese, salad, indian, italian, desserts, mediterranean), and tasted very good. We went to Safran once. It's good gourmet Indian food, but be prepared to pay much more than Rs1200/person. To be honest, it wasn't worth the money. Breakfast was just as varied (Indian, English fry-up, waffles, omelettes, pancakes, cakes, as well the usual cereals, fruits, breads, etc.) We are both vegetarian and my husband is allergic to egg. Despite this there was always so much food that we could eat. Most of the cakes had egg in them but the chef would always make sure there was an eggless dessert for my husband. They even made eggless pancakes for him.
There's so much to do at the hotel. We didn't make much use of the spa, pools of golf, but they all looked good. We did make use of the flood lit tennis courts and some of the activities, such as archery and table tennis. The private island (ilot mangenie) was paradise. You are greeted with a "refreshing" spray and then you are left to either laze in one of the hammocks or sunbeds or walk around the island. Ile aux cerfs is open to the public and therefore is more crowded. This is where the resort's watersports are, the majority of which are free. The staff are happy to try and teach you the activities. The indian restaurant (Masala) that opens for lunch is better than Safran. Free bottles of water and towels are available throughout the resort, including the islands.
The only downside of the location of the resort is that it's a bit far from the airport and the main sights of Mauritius. However the resort is so nice that we barely stepped out of Le Touessrok.
As honeymooners, we were treated to lots of free additional perks - free massage (awesome!), romantic bath (awesome!), romantic dinner on the beach (awesome!) and a free bottle of champagne (awesome!).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Touessrok is one of the world's great romantic resorts. Sensuous and chic, it is the essence of cool, modern elegance basking in the cultural warmth of tropical Mauritius. The resort is set on a beautiful stretch of white-sand coastline overlooking the tranquil Trou d'Eau Douce bay. On the mainland are the suites and rooms, pools, restaurants and bars, Givenchy Spa, tennis and the kids club.Across the water are the resort's two islands - Ile aux Cerfs, with its spectacular championship golf course designed by Bernard Langer, and Ilot Mangenie, an island retreat exclusive to guests, both a short ride by private boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Le Touessrok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce
- Le Tousserok