We booked this holiday thru BA for our 25th anniversary in September 2012. It was not a cheap option but it looked idyllic. Well when we got there it was worth every penny. We were shown to a comfy sofa for check in with cool sorbet that was very welcome after the journey. We had our own butler who would have gladly unpacked our cases for us.
The only downside is that BA offered an upgrade to a suite where available. This was not available and no special instructions about it being our silver anniversary seemed to have been noted, which was disappointing.
After 5 nights we decided to speak to the manager about this. He was great and offered to see what they could do about an upgrade. As the junior suites were full up for second week we got a DOUBLE UPGRADE to a huge suite. They also laid on a special meal for us in the beach side restaurant with a personalised menu, a glass of bubbly and a yummy chocolate cake.
For a laid back holiday this is the place to be. We were able to thoroughly unwind but still took advantage of the free local bike ride, sailing, golfing and kayaking. Top tip if it not busy on the golf course ask for a tour in a golf buggy. Also if you eat in the golf restaurant you get to practice with 50 golf balls.
The food in the buffet restaurant is fantastic. I put on 3kgs!
The sports club were really helpful and rather bizarrely as we mentioned we were involved in a local environment group we ended up planting a bottle palm, with a plaque, in the name of our group. This was a lovely touch and probably means we will return in the future to see how the palm is doing. If you go there lookout for the bottle palm in the gardens near the sports club labelled 'Warfield Environment Group'. That's ours!
The Southern island tour is well worth doing as a change from being a beach bum.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Touessrok is one of the world's great romantic resorts. Sensuous and chic, it is the essence of cool, modern elegance basking in the cultural warmth of tropical Mauritius. The resort is set on a beautiful stretch of white-sand coastline overlooking the tranquil Trou d'Eau Douce bay. On the mainland are the suites and rooms, pools, restaurants and bars, Givenchy Spa, tennis and the kids club.Across the water are the resort's two islands - Ile aux Cerfs, with its spectacular championship golf course designed by Bernard Langer, and Ilot Mangenie, an island retreat exclusive to guests, both a short ride by private boat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA and Despegar.com so you can book your Le Touessrok reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Touessrok Hotel Trou d`Eau Douce
- Le Touessrok Resort
- Le Touessrok Mauritius/Trou D'eau Douce
- Le Tousserok