Le Touessrok has a high reputation, and going there for the first time, our expectations were relatively high too. We are fans of another hotel in Mauritius (see other review) but still try other hotels. In a nutshell :
- location : nice location, especially the 2 islands. Otherwise, the hotel beaches and view are nothing special. Beach on Frangipani island feels very artificial. Very nice beach and view on Ilôt Mangénie. We were a bit disappointed by the arrival at the hotel : the entry of the hotel (where the taxi drops you) did not feel "wahouh" as we experienced in other hotels in Mauritius.
- Room : we had a junior suite on Frangipani island. The room itself was nice, but not outstanding. The bath tube in the middle of the bathroom is maybe trendy but not practical at all. Extremely windy balcony - impossible to stand outside to read for more than 15 minutes, no deck chair on the balcony, tired (i.e. dirty) cushions on the sofa in the room. Wet floor due to air conditioning, low pressure in the shower. If you are lucky to have a better oriented room without such wind, then it must feel much nicer.
- Restaurants: good quality of food in all restaurants. Very nice to have a restaurant on the Frangipani side (Le Barlen's). Safran restaurant is really outstanding. With the exception of the Le Safran, we were not impressed by the service (although we fundamentally do not care - we are happy to pour ourselves water and wine) but in comparison with other hotels, it felt below level. Ratio staff / guests seemed and felt lower. No plate for bread on the table... surprising for such a hotel.
- Wifi : poor wifi network. You have to stand in the reception area to get stronger network.
- Golf: we had already played on Ile aux Cerfs, and this is a really nice and challenging golf (at least for us). Take balls with you ! Getting to the golf course by boat makes it even more special.
- Atmosphere : we were fearing that Le Touessrok would be a very exclusive place, where you need to dress, but it was much less than expected, and actually not that different to Le Belle Mare Plage or Le Paradis. Which was fine with us as we do not want to dress much during our holidays.
- Service: we did not like the concept of butler. We do not need our room to be explained to us, nor do we need help to unpack or pack our suitcase nor do we need our sunglasses to be cleaned after the 5mn trip on the boat to Mangénie Island. This all felt a little too much and made us somehow uncomfortable. We appreciate that, on the contrary, some people value this type of service.
- Conciergerie: we did not ask much, but were very nicely informed by the ladies there.
- Reception : a little disappointment with reception. On the morning of departure, when we checked out, we told reception that we had a drink from our mini bar during the evening - to make sure it was on the bill. We told them twice. But we could not then check on the bill that they put it on (just because of the way the bill is drafted). So we paid our bill and waited in the lobby for our taxi. When taxi came and we left, a lady came after us to ask payment for our drink taken from the mini bar. Just as if we hadn't told... We felt bad about it and looking at all the extras we had during our stay, they could have also offered it.
In summary : very good hotel but not, according to us, at the level of its reputation, especially in comparison with other hotels. However, given the price, I would rate quality / price average.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.