“A Tropical Paradise on Earth!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
20% OFF - XMAS IN THE SUN
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Trou aux Biches
London, United Kingdom
“A Tropical Paradise on Earth!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

We just got back from an amazing Honeymoon at Trou! There is very little you can fault about this resort, the location is perfect, on the right side of the island for the weather with a relatively quiet and secluded beach. The facilities are amazing with very attentive and professional staff throughout. There is a wide choice of food in the many restaurants so going full board does not result in monotony. We would go back here in a second!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Greek first
Noida, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Beautiful white sands, Great hospitality, kids club is good, Fatima is a wonderful person , she makes sure that all the services are in Excellent . Great experiance, a must visit place. Travelled with twins and an elder child.

Room Tip: With kids go for ground floor rooms
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

What can I say, and where shall I begin.

We booked our vacation with Diane Hamilton @ Chaka Travel. She has provided a 5* service throughout our booking, and also the advise she provided was always honest which we benefitted from. Especially when she advised us to stay here, and on the North part of the Island the weather is much nicer, and she wasn't wrong.

My husband and i just returned from Mauritius on the 14th July, We were pretty skeptical regarding the weather reviews, however upon arrival till we departed we saw no rain and only sunshine. The weather was typically that of a beautiful summers day.

On Friday 5th July we began our holiday, WOW was my immediate reaction when we arrived on Saturday in Mauritius, and as I walked into the Tru Aux Biches resort I felt I had arrived in Paradise. It was a stunning sight, the weather was simply perfect. We watched the most beautiful sunset that evening, then had a meal at the Thai restaurant to celebrate our Anniversary, we were welcomed so well and the staff sang to us and provided us with a beautiful cake, after which we then went to the bar to enjoy the band.

I was lucky enough to have found out last minute that my very good friend has a friend in Mauritius who owns there own Excursion company, so I ended up booking with her the Lions Interaction, BBQ on Benetian Island via speed boat, Snorkelling, swimming with dolphins, Casela park Safari, Shiva temple, Chamarel, and the seven coloured earth tour – these sites were all magnificent. (http://www.kreola.mu/contact.html) we didnt pre-book any excursions as i found they were so expensive, however there rates were superb and we managed to do all the excursions we wanted within our budget)

We enjoyed Tru Aux Biches own water sports also which were included in the price so we could use the paddle boats, snorkelling as much as we wanted for free, as well as dining at each of there fabulous restaurants. Our time each day there was so valued and special, it really was a very special 7 days, that when I sadly had to leave I felt I was leaving a family behind as the staff were all so welcoming. I was still left mesmerised by Mauritius beauty and culture.

At lunch time we used to eat at the restaurant by the bar, and my husband always requested a healthy option of food, and me being vegeterian they created dishes for us which weren't even on the menu which was a added touch.

It really was a breath taking moment of our lives. The experience we had was one we will treasure for a lifetime, and I can only thank Diane & Trou Aux Biches for all your superb efforts,

If you are a tennis fan, take your own tennis balls and you can borrow the tennis rackets, fantastic courts, and gym.

Definately try the Trou Aux Biches body massage, it was beautiful, and they leave this oil in your hair which was great for conditioning after being in the sun all day.

Defiantely a resort for family with children, couples, friends, or if you just want a time out on a beautiful isand. Its very safe, and the people are just wonderful.

Room Tip: We had the Junior suite 311 and this was close to the main pool, reception, restaurants and beach, t...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mauritius
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I had planned 6 weeks in advance to take my girlfriend to this amazing hotel and propose in a romantic setting.

The views are out of this world, magical even! The whole hotel staff was in the loop regarding the proposal, they looked after us well and the Chef delivered the ring to the table with champagne after a romantic beach dinner :)) - my girl friend was speechless!!

Everything was spot on throughout the whole weekend and the most important dinner I've ever had couldn't have gone any better. We had a magical weekend, the food, welcome and scenery is amazing - I even left the engagement ring with the hotel team to surprise my girlfriend so she receives it as desert... everyone really went the extra mile to make this a night and a weekend to remember :D

..and most importantly the lady said yes hahaha, we'll definitely be back.. fully recommended for any holiday but specially for couples looking for a romantic escapade!!

Thank you for the experience!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed here for a week and a half. It was quite good. Reason I can't say it is amazing, amazing, amazing, is because I think the place is not quite such good value for money. The food and drink in the hotel is expensive, disproportionately so to other hotels, bars, cafes etc. Rooms are brilliant and the bathrooms are amazing. Also the hotel has some bikes to use, but you can only use them on the hotel grounds, which is ridiculous and a little pointless having them. Also the taxis will rip you off as soon as they realise you want them to take you back to this hotel, as it is probably the most expensive in Trou aux Biches. The taxis the hotels organise are over-priced, just walk out on to the road and get your own, don't book their taxis. I would definitely recommend going to the Sugar Museum (not for the museum) but for the restaurant that is attached to it and the shop. Bizarrely, the restaurant by the side of the musem is one of the best ones we ate at the whole time in Mauritius. You must have a dessert there. The shop there also has some good things to buy. The hotel is a little out the way, and is a 10-12 minutes taxi ride to Grand Baie - which is quite good to go to for food (although you'll need to know which restaurant you want to go to, as they are quite spaced out and you can't walk between them easily).

Staff were all very attentive and polite. The water sports stuff was ok too, but they were incredibly over the top with safety....they made me put a life jacket on to go wide surfing in about two metres of water. The Thai restaurant in the hotel is very expensive - save your money and go to Sakura in Grand Baie - it is amazing - reserve a table where they cook the food for you - it is brilliant.

If I was to return to Mauritius I would be unlikely to return to this hotel, but wouldn't necessarily suggest others not to stay here. Main reason for not returning is, because you could be anywhere in the world, sat in some fancy(ish) hotel on the beach. It doesn't give you that Mauritian 'feeling' and is too far away from anything to mean you can experience Mauritius properly. If you want to pay quite a lot of money to feel like you are sat anywhere in the world on a beach, then stay here....if you don't then don't.

Room Tip: The lower the number of the room, the nearer you are to the beach, if you're in suite 502, you...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Agrinio, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I visited Mauritius with my mother for first time and choosed to stay in Trou Aux Biches from 22/6 to 2/7 2013. From the very first minute I steped my foot in this Hotel I realised that I had made the best choise!!!! It is like Paradise on earth!!! Although the weather was not very good (was cold and did not have the proper cloths with me), In this hotel I forgot about it!!! It is situated in a huge garden full of palm tress and other beautifull plants. Outside the hotel in walking distance there is the village with very good shops for shopping!!! Could'nt stop walking among the Palm trees, looking at the ocean, dreamming while watching the sunset!!! My room was a big family suite with external shower, behind the Il Corallo restaurant. It was beautiful, very big, and felt like I was at my home!!! The hotel stuff is excellent and I made many friends!!! I want to thank everyone, and especially Fatima, for making me feel wonderfull and treated me like I was a queen!!! Also many thanks to the restaurants, because they took care of me and my allergies! The food was delicious!!! I also visited the SPA , which is very beautiful, and had some great treatments that really helped my body!!! I highly recomend Trou Aux Biches to everyone who wants to have the perfect vacation in Mauritius!!!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

We spent 9 spectacular days at this very special five star resort and spa. This was a holiday that surpassed all expectations. The exquisite beach, beautiful crystal clear water, amazing sea life, with winter weather that allowed us to be in the sun and sea every day, will be a first choice for another beach holiday. There were pedal boats, kayaks, sailing boats, glass bottomed boats all on tap, any time we wished to use them, with friendly and knowledgable nautical staff to assist around the clock. We water skied every day too, and snorkelled with colourful fish. We even swam with dolphins, what a treat! The staff were always ready with a smile and nothing was ever too much trouble. Fatima and Sophie were always there to ensure that all was well. The suites were spacious and luxurious, and the food was delicious, 6 restaurants to choose from and a buffet breakfast every morning. The hotel is beautiful and the layout unique! We left with heavy hearts, but we are all counting the days till our return. We will not sample another hotel in Mauritius after this! Lindsey Tucker, Cape Town

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Beachcomber Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!