We stayed at this resort for one week for a special birthday celebration, and LOVED it. We had a beachfront bungalow, and really liked our unit as (unlike some others) it was private and at the end of the row and so not viewed by passers-by on the resort's walkways. The unit had a nice patio with plunge pool, although we didn't use the pool much (other than to rinse our feet) because it was a bit cold (in September). This resort was refurbished in recent years, and is absolutely gorgeous, with pools of water everywhere, lovely Asian open wood buildings (reception, restaurants, etc), beautiful trees and manicured lawns and flowers, and a clean beach (which is raked each day by staff). We tried all of the restaurants and thought they were all great (bookings often required), although we did not re-visit the main buffet after trying it one night, as we found it a big too big and "family friendly" (a lot of little kids running around), for our needs. We loved the beach, the gym, tennis courts, restaurants. A major highlight for us was going out with a couple of boat guys who troll along this beach (licensed) to look for dolphins, etc. They tooks us out (usually on our own) to swim with schools of dolphins when they knew they were in the area. we also did the daily snorkle trips offered (included) by the resort, and these were usually very nice. The resort is very big, but spread out and (other than at breakfast) you are not necessarily aware of how many people are there. (we were also there in mid-late-Sept, which is not peak season). We loved it, and hope to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Trou aux Biches, a legendary hotel for couples and honeymooners, is where guests experience the true tradition of Mauritius. Set in a palm-shaded grove, on the island’s North-west coast, Trou aux Biches has earned a reputation for true Mauritius hospitality, warmth, friendliness and the highest standards of service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Splendia, Despegar.com and Odigeo so you can book your Beachcomber Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Trou Aux Biches Resort And Spa
- Trou Aux Biches Hotel Trou Aux Biches
- Beachcomber Trou Aux Biches Resort & Spa Mauritius