“A Wonderfully relaxing holiday” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Package Deal
Ranked #2 of 10 hotels in Le Morne
Cambridge
“A Wonderfully relaxing holiday”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We had an amazing holiday in Mauritius. The Dinarobin was very special and all of the staff we met were polite, helpful and attentive. We both had massages on the beach and we opted for local treatments as opposed the Clarins ones which was a very pleasant experience.

In our opinion Mauritius is a lovely island but if like us you like the temperature not too hot then the Morne Peninsular is the place to go and the Dinarobin appears to be the nicer of the two beachcomber hotels.

The Dinarobin's themed buffet nights in the main restaurant were very good and seemed to cater for everyone's possible diet and palate - my wife is allergic to reef fish but there seemed to be plenty of meat and shellfish dishes to choose from. Drinks seemed to be reasonably priced compared to normal city centre bars, but certainly dearer than a Wetherspoons style of establishment.

The first floor rooms have a fantastic vaulted ceiling which made them feel very spacious whereas looking in the ground floor room windows these rooms seemed to be a little pokey by comparison.

Tour start times arranged by some of the third party tour operators can alter after you have booked them, so make sure you double check them the night before to avoid any confusion and delays.

Room Tip: For a more spectacular feel and better views, try and get a room on the top floor of the building, a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

817 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
  • Czech first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Dinarobin, as a brand is relatively lesser known in India, so we did not have great expectations when we reached there. Boy 'o Boy, we were absolutely blown away by the property. Huge rooms, fabulous bathrooms and a great sit out area. The property is huge and we got lost a couple of times looking for our rooms, but hey, it was fun exploring the property. Great food, Great Spa, and a great pool( though there was a nip in the air even in October ). Not much to do at nights though, so we hit the fab tennis courts. Overall a great stay. Highly recommended

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Luxembourg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for one week on our honeymoon and were absolutely delighted! It was just perfect!
The quality of the food is amazing, the rooms are massive, the gardens very well kept, there are many sports you can do free of charge and all the equipment is of a very good quality and you never have the feeling that the beach or one of the many pools are overcrowded (we actually usually had the pool to ourselves). Moreover, the staff is very friendly and they do anything to make your stay as great as possible. The spa is very big and the atmosphere very serene and relaxing. There is much variety when it comes to food, especially as you can also use the restaurants in the neighbouring hotel. There is not much noise and you really can relax. We certainly hope to go back there at some point!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Just returned from 10 nights at the Dinarobin. Some places claim to be special, very few deliver that expectation. The Dinarobin is an exception. We stayed in an excellent Senior beachfront suite, it was serviced at least twice a day, and was as good a room we have ever stayed in. Icing on the cake plenty of Premier league football on the satellite tv. Food was exceptional at every restaurant and the service made you feel very special. The beach is to die for, golf is good everything about the Dinarobin is class. But what makes this place so special, is the staff. Service with a smile does not do them justice, but that's exactly what you get every time and every where.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

As the hotel motto say..." Dream is a serious thing"
It's true that many ideas cross your mind of what you expect on your arrival to a resort, but when
you get to the Dinarobin all expectation you had are very few.
I've travelled in many countries and resorts but Dinarobin is different from I experienced before.
If you are expecting a place to rest, to be treated as the only client that exists, to recover from your day-life monotony, and taste a wonderful cusine this is the perfect place.
In short, this is my experience in this resort and if you want to know more just do not waste time and get there.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Tewkesbury
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just returned from Dinarobin where we got married just over a week ago. Stunning is the only word for this resort! From the moment you arrive you are treated like royalty. Simply every member of staff is so helpful and can't do enough for you. They even carry your dinner plate from the buffet to your table! If you dare to try and pour your own water a waiter will appear from nowhere to do it for you! The food is just devine - I'm amazed I could still get into my wedding dress on our wedding day. Upgrading to Club is definitely worth it as we would have all our drinks in the Club which were all included and then just have a glass of wine with our dinner which we paid for on checkout. One thing we hadn't realised was that if you book your excursions through The Club concierge (Clifford is fantastic!) you will get a slightly better rate than booking through Mautourco. Sarah and Corinne (the wedding planners) are absolutely fantastic - nothing is too much trouble, any query or worry is ironed out without any stress to the bride at all. They take care of everything. Every member of staff seems to know your name and your room number - how they remember that I have no idea but they do and it makes you feel very special.
The sunsets were amazing - every day we would sit on the beach in awe and watch the sun go down - never seen anything so beautiful.
The pool was cleaned every single day without fail, gardens swept, housekeeping were second to none. Room made up as soon as you left it, turned down at night whilst you were having dinner, towels a plenty, toiletries, etc. Everywhere was absolutely spotless - hygiene and cleanliness was outstanding. The Spa is a haven of tranquility - we had a couple of treatments included in our package and a honeymoon couples massage as a wedding gift from the hotel. All treatments were sublime! Joelle was my hairdresser and she did a fantastic job - she just knew what would look right for the dress, etc and she just went to work. Stunning! Unfortunately, on our penultimate evening, I was eaten by mosquitoes! I had a bad reaction and had to visit the Hotel GP - Dr Dave! He is hilarious - was actually an ENT surgeon in Kent for 30 years - he even called me the next day to check up on my health and to make sure I was ok. Even my own GP doesn't do that!!
We will definitely return one day but will have to save some pennies first......this was a once in a lifetime holiday for us (and our honeymoon) but now we have the taste for Dinarobin, I know we will return.....
Don't hesitate to book Dinarobin - you simply can't go wrong!

There is only one negative with the luxury wedding package offered by Beachcomber and that is the photographer that is included. He is simply a chap with a camera and has a set photo list which he doesn't deviate from. The photos are not airbrushed when put into the album as promised and the composition on some of them leaves a lot to be desired. We went out alone and thought that a 5* resort such as this would have a 5* photographer - not the case. Best to book your own photographer before you go out if you want bespoke, artistic photos. We have 147 photos on a disk (52 of which are in an album) which simply record the moment before the bride leaves her room to meet the groom until the sun goes down - about 2 hours. Other photographers were at the hotel that had been booked individually by other couples were there for hours and hours and their photos were stunning - and not expensive by any means.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Saint Dominick, Cornwall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I don't know where to start, my Husband and I (wow that’s the first time I’ve typed that)!! Have just returned from 2 weeks in Mauritius staying at the Dinarobin Hotel, Golf & Spa. From the moment we arrived at the hotel we were treated like Royalty. Our cases were taken care of, we were offered hand massages, our wedding rep introduced herself to us, the Manager came over to say hello, every member of staff remembers you and makes you feel so special. We were there 10 days before we got married so how I got into my Wedding dress I’ll never know.....the food is absolutely amazing, normally when I go away I get really ill, to the point in the past I have been on drips !! Not this time, the cleanliness, hygiene, the food, you wanted for absolutely nothing. There was one night we went to the French buffet and I was really struggling to find something that I liked, the waiter took it so personally & didn’t want me to go away disappointed, he even offered to make me something that I wanted, (remembering my dress, I declined) I really wasn’t bothered, I found the cheese section & filled up on cheese & biscuits!!
Our wedding co-ordinator was amazing, I didn’t have to do a thing, she took care of everything. I had trials of hair & make-up which were absolutely amazing, the Spa was a fantastic experience, try the iced green tea, lovely....Such a calming atmosphere and the staff are second to none. I had a facial whilst I was there too, I can honestly say I have never in my life experienced anything like it, I suffer from Bipolar, when I came out of there, I felt really tearful & then realised that for the first time in my life I actually relaxed so much that completely left everything behind, what a wonderful place, we will definitely be going back.
Every morning we would take the 6mins to walk along the beach to breakfast, you can get club cars to pick you up but we really needed the exercise  we used to get the cars in the evening to dinner but that was only because of the heels!! I took some wonderful dresses & felt a little bit disappointed that some people really didn’t bother; I could not believe some people would stay 5 star & dress down!! I was made to feel like a princess so I wanted to look like one too 
We saw and spoke with the Manager at least 4 times whilst we were there, we did mention to him that we were slightly disappointed with the photographer but that was only because we didn’t feel she utilised the hotels vast locations within the resort, so some of the pics were rather samey!! Within 5mins of mentioning this we were given a glass of champagne & he said he would take our comments on board. We got an email the day we got home saying that our comments we left would help them to improve their service, like I say, attention to detail you just could not fault. To anyone who is thinking of getting married there, just go for it, we were at the end of the resort which was really quiet, we felt some days we had the beach to ourselves, just make sure you take some duty free drinks with you though as the drinks there are ridiculously expensive, a cocktail is around £8.50, a coke £3.50, bottle of wine around £47, bottle of water £2.50, so we would have free club cocktails before dinner & were on water with our meals, a few nights we had cocktails but the entertainment was rather low key & not too exciting but enough for what we wanted out of this particular holiday.
Our Senior Club suite was amazing, we had canapés bought to our suite every evening before dinner, bed turned down, 2 complimentary bottles of water left in our room every day, we would take water with us to the Le Morne Plage for lunch, it helped keep the cost down. So apart from the cost of the drinks, all was excellent. Well worth it, trip of a lifetime for us, thank you to everyone there xx

Room Tip: First floor rooms I think are best as you don't get people walking around above you or looking i...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Beachcomber Dinarobin Hotel Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!