“Peaceful, Pleasant, and Pure bliss” 5 of 5 stars

You added LUX Le Morne to your Saves list
LUX Le Morne
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Coastal Road, Le Morne, Mauritius 227756   |
Special Offer
Get 25-35% off + more !!!
Ranked #1 of 13 Hotels in Le Morne
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Peaceful, Pleasant, and Pure bliss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

A long overdue review, apologies to this wonderful hotel and staff (visited in Sept '11 while it was still called Les Pavillons). One of the best, if not the best tranquil couples hotel that I have stayed in.

Stayed in a Junior Suite within a few meters from the white sand beach and the restaurant at the far corner on an Pure Discovery deal (All Inclusive).

Right from the time of checking in which was smooth till check out, none of the staff ever behaved or acted out of line. Vicky (still remember his name) from the Restaurant requires a special mention since he ensured that all preferences and choices are kept in mind right from the seating arrangements, to the type of beverages we preferred and the cuisines. He even went out of his way to ensure we get a doggy bag during check out since it was at late noon.

Wonderful & breezy location, great pool but then the Beach proximity was so good that the pool was overlooked.

The Hotel still remains as our 1st Choice for Mauritius and the next time around we plan to just laze around and enjoy the premises than venture out.

Room Tip: Pick suites on the ground floor closer to the beach, great sun beds and relaxation.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (249)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I've just read the review dated 16th June and agree with much of what this reviewer said, esp. re. staff attitude, food, prices and getting around. We also had the same type of room (prestige junior suite) and experienced late cleaning. After mentioning this to reception, our room was then serviced earlier. The location is beautiful and we were within a few paces of the beach. (Those villas are located towards the beach hut.) When we arrived, we were taken to the reception sofas and the view from the foyer over the pool and sea was breathtaking. A very good start to our holiday. The room was comfortable and the view of the mountain from the outdoor shower was amazing. The bed was large and very cozy and bathroom well equipped.
Most staff were excellent, friendly and helpful, although we did very occasionally encounter staff members who were a bit less enthusiastic.The spa was good. I was a little perplexed that my therapist (post massage) said I had a lot of toxins. I thought that was a strange conclusion as I don't drink or smoke and have a very healthy diet. Perhaps I should have pressed her further on the matter! (Pardon the pun).

There seems to be an ethos of selling to the guests and nothing is given away. Cost of drinks is high. Beware of charges-tennis is free to play, but there is a charge for balls, approx £10 for 4, as I don't tend to travel with tennis balls, I felt that was a bit cheeky.

If you want to experience true Mauritius, it's people and various cultures, you would have to make a special effort to seek out. You can't walk to any towns or markets from here. You can arrange trips and walking tours, but they are costly (around 40 euros each for a guided walk). If however, you are happy to stay on the resort, sunbathe and take part in the water sports available, then it's a doddle.

Weather wise, the temperature was a little cooler than I expected, but it was pleasant enough most days to snorkel and kayak. There were two days where we experienced wet, cloudy weather. If you travel at this time of year be aware it is winter and as you would expect, that there is a mixture of cooler days, rain and wind along with days of good, warm sunshine. If you snorkel, you can use the equipment provided by the beach hut, although we did this, I wasn't certain as to the hygiene of using the shared mouth piece! In the evenings, from about 9, there is music in the bar (from 7 piece bands to jazz duo -female vocalist and piano- that particular duo were excellent, could have been at Ronnie Scott's).

Food was consistently good. There were two cocktail receptions over the duration of the week. Strangely for a health spa and a 20% muslim population, non-alcoholic cocktails were not available at the event we attended it was disappointing not to be offered an alternative. A minor point, I know. Having said that, we experienced a relaxing, peaceful and memorable holiday which went far too quickly.

Room Tip: Prestige villa towards beach hut close to beach and can see mountain
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JeanPierre A, General Manager at LUX Le Morne, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Dear tw0h00ts,

Thank you very much for your review. We are certainly pleased that you enjoyed your holiday at LUX* Le Morne but are very sorry for all the niggles you mentioned, and I can assure you that all points have received my personal attention.
I have immediately made sure tennis balls free of charge, unless someone wishes to play with a new set. Our tennis coach has been instructed accordingly.
I wish to reassure you that all snorkeling (and scuba diving) equipment is sanitized after every use (you may have seen the barrel being used to soak them).
Our waiter at the cocktail reception has not been giving you a good service, and I apologize for it; we do have a non alcoholic cocktail available which he/she has not offered to you; I will see to it.
On a final note I am very pleased that you enjoyed our bands, and your reference to Ronnie Scott's will fill our pianist Jean François with pride and joy; I will share this with him.

With kind regards,
Glossop, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in Mauritius on my own on business and spent a few extra days beforehand at this hotel for a short break. The first thing to say about this hotel is that it is in an amazing location, the beach and grounds are clean and very well maintained. The staff were generally very friendly, though some did seem indifferent. It seems to be a popular honeymoon location. Apparently June is when the Mauritian winter starts, however, the sea was warm and weather comparable to the best that an English Summer will offer! This was low season and the hotel not full, however, I would not like to be here peak season as I can imagine that it could be quite busy. The food was excellent and a great choice. The gym facilities were excellent, as was the spa. Most water sports were included and the staff who managed the activities were good fun. Snorkelling was not bad, but not anywhere as good as the Maldives! Wifi was available (free of charge) and accessible throughout the hotel and even on the beach!

A few things to consider if you are planning to stay here:
- you will need to get a taxi to get to anywhere, there are taxis parked outside the hotel that seem to have an agreement with the hotel (the hotel has standard rates for all journeys). The cost of a taxi to Fllic en Flac was 1600 MRs, which I considered extortionate, but not much choice...
- food and drink are very expensive on the resort, so I would strongly recommend FB or HB at the very least unless you have a car and are prepared to find a restaurant As an example, a small glass of coke (not sure if it came from a bottle or can) was 160MR and a local beer 295MR.
- the rooms were very nice and comfortable, bathroom particularly impressive. The rooms were not as large as I expected, I had a Prestige Junior Suite and the bedroom was not very spacious considering the rate, and not as close to the beach as I had hoped. Given that this was one of the rooms at the top end of their offerings I expected it to be detached, however, mine was one of a block of four rooms. There were no issues of privacy, but looking at the marketing material I expected something different.
- the technology in the room was not what I would expect from a deluxe hotel e.g. basic control of lighting (simple switches with no master control), TV had poor reception and very limited channel offering, no connectivity for 'i' devices.
- servicing of rooms was not well managed. I generally had breakfast between 7.30 and 9am, and rooms not cleaned until late afternoon (after 3pm) and turndown after 8.30pm (and after I had returned from dinner), not impressive for a hotel of this standard.
- I guess the thing that left a negative impression with this hotel was the fact that they wanted to charge me the equivalent of approximately £50 for a late departure of 2pm (checkout was 11am). Whilst many hotels publicise a late-checkout rate, this was the first time it had been requested for such a short additional time. Particularly disappointing as the hotel was clearly not busy. I declined the offer.

Apologies if the report sounds "fussy", this hotel markets itself in the deluxe bracket and rates are at the top end...

I am returning to Mauritius for work same time next year and my wife will accompany me, I would stay in this area again as it is a great setting. I would thoroughly recommend Mauritius and will spend some more vacation time here on my next trip.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

What a special place to recharge. The rooms are fantastic - the bed is big enough to sleep a family. We were even indulged in the spa - really great. The food at all the restaurants is really good and plenty of variety but the Tuna at The Beach is really awesome. Nothing is too much trouble for the staff and a day trip with Iqual is well worth it. Will definately recommend it to people I like and would go back at the drop of a hat.

Beaworthy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

We stayedthe second week here, having moved across fromLux Belle Mar, a sister hotel. Great service, fine food and superb setting withthe magnificent mountain (a volcanic remnant) as a backcloth fromthe beach. "The Kitchen" (the buffet restaurant) was always a great pleasure for dinner. However,the Beach Restaurant really does a fine lunch.The seafood is special - try calamari or smoked marlin!The staff really went out oftheir way to be helpful andthe whole stay was near perfect.

Room Tip: Some rooms are close tothe road and you can hearthe odd vehicle. Not much of a problem as it gets ve...
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Outstanding location, excellent service, staff were amazing, this resort is pure paradise. The totally inclusive package is definitely worth it. Loved every minute of it, and would thoroughly recommend Lux Le Morne, specially to older couples and honeymooners. Cuisine excellent thoroughly recommend the Thai restaurant. Accommodation excellent - extremely comfortable bed, large bathroom, well stocked mini bar, bathrobes, and slippers. The shampoo and body wash - fabulous. Clean beach - crystal clear water. Gardens are fabulous, pools kept beautifully clean.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wonderful holiday. Great place.
My wife and I stayed in this hotel May 16-23 in room 51.
The road from the airport takes 1 hour and 10 minutes, at the same time exploring the island, very beautiful.
Arrival went very quickly, welcome drink, 10 minutes, and we in the room.
Lovely room on the first floor of a two-storey bungalows. Good bed, a minibar, bathrobes and slippers, a large bathroom.
Excellent grounds, green, clean and well-kept.
Very well-equipped beach, crystal clear water.
The hotel staff is very well trained and always tries to help with any questions.
Lovely varied cuisine and a good wine list.
An unforgettable stay.
We will definitely be back.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Le Morne
5.0 of 5 stars 916 reviews
Beachcomber Dinarobin Hotel Golf & Spa
Beachcomber Trou aux Biches Resort & Spa
Beachcomber Paradis Hotel & Golf Club

Been to LUX Le Morne? Share your experiences!