“Amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
London
“Amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

I am staying at the St Regis at the moment. I am so pleased with everything that I just couldn't wait till I get back to post a review. I was prompted to do this when this evening after I forgot to take away the privacy sign when we left for dinner. We had only been back in the room less than 5 mins when someone knocked at the door to make sure we had everything we needed for the evening. Even though I said we only needed a few sachets of sugar - 5 mins later someone appeared with sugar, water & a plate of fruits. The service here is out of this world. The food is first class. The setting is paradise. If you are thinking of booking - don't hesitate!

Room Tip: I believe that all the rooms have a sea view. Our room was standard (which I think they call deluxe...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Dear Cheryl L,

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback during your stay. We are thrilled to read that you are having such an amazing experience with us.

We hope that you enjoyed the rest of your stay just as much.

Damon Page

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This was are 3 visit to the St Regis in 6 months absolutely fabulous . The service gets better each visits everybody knows it is the most beautiful hotel on the island All I can say to anybody who is unhappy with anything with this hotel Please speak to the management And give them a chance to help you with your problem . . That said We shall be returning Again in Sept For a two weeks stay in paradise To see the butler Amar who looked after us so well on each of our visits he is a great asset to the hotel also Lisa who again goes the extra mile for all the guests And Sada who cleaned the room most days perfectly . And finally the beach boy who everyday put our towel on the bed for us and was very attentive his name Yashvin We cannot wait for our return see you all in sept .Pauline

Room Tip: All rooms excellent
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Pauline R,

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback following your third stay with us. We are delighted to read how much you enjoyed your holidays and grown accustomed to our dedicated personnel.

I will convey your appreciation to Amar, Lisa, Sada and Yashvin.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you again next September.

Reading, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I have just come back from a ten day holiday with my Fiance. The service was second to none. I consider myself to be not the easiest of customers as well. Having spoilt myself with lots of lovely holidays. Our suitcases were unpacked and packed at the end of our trip. The staff could not do enough for us. Whether it was the buggy drivers (Our favourite Visham). The F&B manager Laurent (he even got me special candles at dinner as I didnt like the smell of the others!) or Angel one of the ladies that worked at the bar.
I can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: I liked the upstairs rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear Lisa d,

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback following your stay with us. We are very happy to read how much you have appreciated our St. Regis Butler service and the signature unpacking and packing service.
Our team members Visham, Laurent and Angel will be delighted to know that they contributed in making your holidays memorable.

Port Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Went for a week end escape at the hotel. I must say that compared to last year quality of service has really gone down. There was no hairdryer in room, which is a minimum! 1/5 Butler pavillion in operation. Frustrated staff who could not speak French properly. Unoragnised spa services. Was expecting the highest service standard, as per reputation. Complaint mail and feedback remains unacknowledged.

Room Tip: The room and bathroom very spacious. Room are very quiet, but do not take the suits far from the fir...
Dear Dany Chung,

Thank you for taking the time to post this valuable feedback following your stay with us. We sincerely regret that you encountered these issues and that the service was not up to your expectations.

We are always delighted to receive our guest’s comments and advice so as to improve our service and in turn the experience of our distinguished guests. We regret that your feedback mail has not been acknowledged. Our Director of Guest Experiences Cindy Bolli is reachable by email on Cindy.Bolli@stregis.com or by telephone 403 9000 and it will be her pleasure to assist you.

Cairo, Egypt
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just finished a great 2 week vacation for a family of 4 (6 & 3 year old), including a wedding and multiple guests arriving.

The Good - fantastic location, very friendly staff, nothing was a problem when asked for, great facilities (gym, spa, aqua activities), the unflappable butlers, all our multiple bookings happened without any problems and value.

Room for improvement - service can vary from magnificent to downright slow, explanation of half board package and the supplements could be made clearer, price of alcohol needs to be considered by the hotel, the room description could be made clearer on website (not all uniform to description) and kids club starting at 4 years old. However, please note the hotel did provide a solution but as a family we thought to share 3 years old seems the right age to cover from.

Special mentions – Ryan the beverage man who provides fantastic morning medicine and service, Kristina, the wedding planner, who pulled everything together, so we have fantastic memories, and dealt with our ever increasing list of demands with a smile, Sixtine for getting the right package put together, Fabienne for caring about what sort of service we received. Our butlers Wassim and Amar who just got it all right and last but not least Luc. Lastly, book a sunset cruise, it is fantastic and if you have over 5 people ask for the catamaran as it is VFM and the seating is really nice.

Room Tip: If you kids can swim ask for ground floor rooms saw you walk right into the sea
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Edward M,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, we are delighted to learn how much you have enjoyed your “Familymoon” with us.

Thank you for taking the time to post your valuable feedback and we are very grateful of the recognition you made of our careful, friendly yet professional staff members. We are always delighted to receive our guest’s comments and advice so as to improve our service

It was a real pleasure for us to host your family for this special occasion and I will convey your appreciation to Ryan, Kristina, Sixtine, Fabienne, Wassim, Amar and Luc.

Sonoma CA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

After re-reading all the glowing reviews on Trip Advisor, I have to wonder if we went to a different St. Regis. We travel a great deal (many months a year) and stay mostly in 5 star hotels. This was by far the worse experience we have had in many years. We were booked for five days but checked out after three days. It was our first time in Mauritius and I am sure it won't be our last but it will definitely be our last at the St. Regis Mauritius.
First a few positive words (and they will be a few). The location is very beautiful. Our room was comfortable. The staff was friendly.
Now for the problems. The biggest problem is the staff has no idea what they are doing. The housekeeping staff does not clean properly including the toilet. They do not refresh things like water or wash clothes. The wait staff was ok in some of the restaurants but not in the Japanese restaurant. Our waiter had only two tables but was never around. He forgot my order so when my wife and our two guest were served, I was sitting without any food. After ten minutes, I asked what was happening (I had to get up and find him near the kitchen). He said my food was being cooked but I could tell they started that just as they saw me approaching. We had a very expensive bottle of Sake (well everything is expensive) but the waiter could not be bothered to fill our classes or poor our water.
The beach is beautiful to see but the sand is very corse and tough on the feet. The beach staff was mostly never to be found. There were not enough lounge chairs and all the guest go and stake them out by 9am. Some of those that were taken were not used most of the day.
The snorkeling is a joke. They spend 15 minutes taking you out to get 30 minutes of snorkeling in an area so shallow that I could sit down. It was probably only a foot deep. They only go out twice a day.
The place is crazy expensive. I mean it is insane. I guess I would have been ok with that if the service was good. The butler concept is pretty much a joke. Ours was very nice and did his best for us. But they play up the idea like it is going to be very high touch when it is not. Everyone points you to the butler if you have a question or issue but you can't find one.
The hotel is an hour from the Airport by the way. They told us we had to be there 3 hours in advance. We followed our own advice and got there and 1:45 hours in advance and that was 45 minutes too early.
There were lots of children. I think the place may work better for families.
I will end by saying once again that the service was very poor. The staff was lovely but not trained in my opinion.
There must be much better hotel's in the Mauritius.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a clear view of the sea and are close to the main area of the resort unless you l...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
StRegisMauritius, General Manager at The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Distinguished Guest,

We are always delighted to receive our guest’s comments and advice so as to improve our service and in turn the experience of our distinguished connoisseurs.

MAURITIUS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014

The location of the hotel sets the scene for a quiet, out of the way stay with view on the ocean and an imposing mountain in the background. The weather is perfect all year round. The concept of decentralisng the check-in & communicating through email with the butler once the reservation is made saves quite a lot of time & hassle on the day of arrival. The staff is quite helpful and polite. In terms of infrastructure the colonial style is quite adapted to Mauritius. The rooms are very spacious, well designed, comfortable & elegant. The food is a real feast for gourmets. The resorts caters for families with activites which will suit everyone.

For improvement, the communication channel must be revisited. e.g there was one day when there was not a single drop of hot water in our room. The staff who turned up to check reported that there was a problem next door which also affected us. This kind of information must be given before hand & at least propose alternatives for hot showers.

Aslo an incident which brought down the rating from excellent to very good. On the very first day, while we we at the swimming pool, we were molested by a security agent (not an hotel employee, but a third party service provider) who probably thought that we were not good enough to be here and insisted on seeing our room card with such an arrogance. He did not even excused himself and just turned his back when he realised his mistake. We are in 2014, and I think that St Regis which is a brand with more than 100 of years of tradition with much emphasis on customer service failed to provide us with an area of peace.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Distinguished Guest,

Warm greetings from The St. Regis Mauritius Resort, we are thrilled to learn how much you are enjoying your experienced with us on Le Morne Peninsula.

We do hope to welcome you again soon.

Damon Page

Been to The St. Regis Mauritius Resort? Share your experiences!