We visited the Lux when it was the Legends Hotel back in June 2011 for our honeymoon and it was the best!
On arrival we received a welcome drink with hot towels and the most beautiful view-my husband and I had to pinch ourselves!
We were then escorted to our rooms where we had a large bed and lovely big bath with separate shower on the ground floor. The room was a little dates and could have done with a refurb but we only used it to sleep in as the beach was 30 seconds from our patio! The shower was dirty and could have done with a real deep clean!
The staff were fantastic and I couldn't believe it when I was followed by one of the waiters for carrying a bottle of champagne from my room to the swimming pool-he was offering to do it for me but I just want used to this 1st class service.
The food was amazing with the restaurant at the end of the pier being our favourite as you can see the dish jumping out of the water while you dine! We went half board though and I would advise anyone to go all inclusive due to the cosy of the food and drinks.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our luxury hotel in Grand Gaube, Mauritius, overlooks the triple-bay beaches, lagoon and spectacular north islets. It exuberates a romantic atmosphere and its rooms all enjoy incredible views of the ocean. Other highlights include its proximity to the vibrant seaside village of Grand Baie, three swimming pools and access to a world-class golf course nearby. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, getaroom.com, Odigeo, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your LUX Grand Gaube reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lux Grand Gaube Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Grand Gaube
- Legends Hotel Mauritius
- Legends Grand Gaube
- Hotel Legend Mauritius
- LUX Grand Gaube Mauritius