“Good Food!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 89 Restaurants in Grand Baie
Cuisines: Cajun & Creole, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Description: Le Capitaine Grand Baie is a popular restaurant serving delicious fish and seafood dishes in a pleasant space that combines style with informality. Le Capitaine offers you to enjoy fresh fish and seafood prepared and cooked to perfection.A unique blend of original recipes and must have favorites have resulted in a dedicated following. Fresh lobster is the pick of the menu, while other delicious mains include a whole crab cooked in white wine, and lobster ravioli with fresh mushroom and cucumber quenelle.
Port Louis
“Good Food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I was there during the weekend - with advance booking. The food was great and the waiter was much helpful in choice of menu. The table was facing the bay and we had a splendid view.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Excellent dinner&fair price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We went yesterday advise by a friend from Capri (owner of da Antonio&Giulia). I must admit that I was afraid of prices since I read some info here, but food was great, 3 starters, 2main, 2 desserts and good wine 2 cups total 85euro
If you look for a good ambient and excellent food I recommend this place

Kitwe, Zambia
“Absolutely awesome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

We have been here once before, last year, and wanted to try it again, and it was a lovely as it was the first time. The ambience is fantastic, there were two guys on a guitar singing, families sitting around having meals, and we had a table with a great view though it was raining. I had the tuna and it is the best tuna I have ever eaten in my life, I ate the entire thing, even though I was full. My husband had a seafood mix, and the only thing I would say is more seafood and less fish, as fish is not the reason he ordered it but overall he enjoyed the flavours. We had a few drinks and relaxed afterwards and no one rushed to get us out. The staff are great, the location is great and the food is stunning, what more could one ask for.
Thoroughly recommend it.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“A Disappointment compared to 1994 & 1996”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We previously had fabulous experiences eating here in the 1990's, we wanted to eat here in 2011 but the restaurant was being refurbished.
This year, we booked a table in advance and were taken to a lovely table overlooking the bay.
The service was excellent, but I was disappointed with the food, my sea bass was tasteless and did not come with enough sauce,
The prices have gone through the roof, far too expensive for what we ate compared to similar quality restaurants in the area such as Hidden Reef and 1974.
It pleased my 86 year old father to return, and he did enjoy his overpriced prawns, but I shall not be returning.
Saying all this, the service from our waiter was superb.

• Visited November 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Old basing
“Nice views”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

this is a nice seafood restaurant though a bit pricey..with a great location next to the sea. The service is good and the quality of food is quite decent

• Visited October 2013