“What an experience” 5 of 5 stars

pretoria
6 attraction reviews
“What an experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

An 45 minute drive to the south from the north and we arrived to take a very short boat ride to the island . We were met by a very friendly Ravi who waited on us hand and foot. There was constantly a cocktail in my hand. We sampled some lovely flavoured rum as well. The lunch was delicious and the desserts was lovely. Ravi from LUX resorts did not even allow us to carry our own plates of food to our table. Aduet serenaded us whilst we ate lunch. Although it started to rain for just a short while, ths did not detract from our beautiful experience. Amazing hospitality. The glassbottomed boat allowed us to see clearly the coral and the different species of fish. A trip worth taking.....

Visited April 2013

Plymouth
“What a fantastic experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We have visited today and I can honestly say that the hospitality is amazing. Ravi in particular has looked after us tirelessly providing us with cocktails and soft drinks all day. The lunch was superb. The whole experience is worth every penny.

Visited April 2013
Male
6 attraction reviews
“You must go there”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

After few days traveling in Mauritius, we went to Ile des Deux Cocos and let me tell you, what a day. Incredible Mario, the resident manager, joined us for lunch, charming everybody with the story of the island and the villa. We also tasted some great rum, try the chilli one but dont let it touch your lips (said Mario) or you will be in trouble!
love it!

Visited March 2013
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 attraction reviews
“Spectular & breathtaking!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

A relatively expensive trip that we decided to chance based on tripadvisor recommendations. The drive to the south from the north was somewhat tedious. It is only a 10min boat ride to this extremely beautiful little island. It made my Mauritius holiday. We were extremely well waited on with a drink on arrival. You don't need anything besides sunblock and perhaps a music player. Beautiful bathrooms, beach towels, showers for rinsing, open bar, goggles and flippers are all readily available, as well as free wifi :)
The lunch was beautiful with the seafood squid and dessert stealing the show in my opinion.
Before lunch we went on a glassbottom boat tour from which were were allowed to snorkel. I'm no pro but we've snorkelled in Thailand in a reserve for comparison but this was spectular. To see so many beautiful species of coral and schools of fish was incredible!!! The water is incredibly clear so the visibility is amazing!
A young couple also from South Africa had the great fortune of proposal on this day :)
This is definitely the highlight of my Mauritius trip even though I tipped out of the hammock (LOL!). I will return if only to see Ile des Deux Cocos again!

Visited December 2012
East Cowes
14 attraction reviews
“not quite as private as you might expect”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

and again problems with the tripadvisor website (I hate typing reviews which then get lost when I press the send button)
The island is stunning and run by the LUX group so catering and staff and facilities are p to their high standards
Only we expected to have a quiet, almost private day away on this small island, so where not expecting to be there with 137 (this was stated by a staff member) other travellers including a comlete school class- a day at the hotel beach would abe been more private
however the hotel beach was not as gorgeous as the blue lagoon and I had the greatest snorkel experience ever...
The islet is stunning and the off-side (no swimming here) has some of the greatest beaches I ever saw - due to the immidiate proximity of the reef
Whether it is worth the not inconsiderable fee depends on your expectations and utilsation of the free bar and excellent catering

Visited December 2012