“Wonderful family holiday!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Johannesburg, South Africa
“Wonderful family holiday!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW via mobile

We spent 7 days here on an "all inclusive" basis in a standard family room. The room consisted of 2 interleading standard rooms, which were just perfect for our needs. My children are aged 23 months, 5 and 7 years old. The kids were really well entertained by the kids club. The ladies running the club are fantastic, always enthusiastic and helpful. My kids could not get enough of all the activities they had on offer. I loved the snorkeling just off the beach and lunches at La Maree. All the staff were amazingly friendly and helpful. The hotel grounds are gorgeous and have so much to offer. I highly recommend this hotel and will definitely be back. We have stayed at a few hotels on the island and without a doubt The Maritim has the best setting. My only complaint is that 7 nights was not long enough.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (571)
  • Czech first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My boyfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 10 nights. The hotel is beautiful and set in stunning grounds. The staff are exceptionally friendly and we were always greeted with a smile. The access to the beautiful beaches was brilliant. There were many excursions on offer- we went on the whale watching excursion, as well as a rum tasting day with lunch at a beautiful colonial house. One of our highlights was visiting the stunning Chateau Mon Desir restaurant, which is within the grounds of the hotel- however you do have to pay towards it if you're all inclusive. The restaurant is simply stunning and one of the best I have ever been to! A fabulous holiday.

Stayed November 2014
Old Windsor, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The Maritim Resort is well located and has a good variety of activities for Adults & children. The staff there are pleasant and helpful and do their utmost to make your holiday a success. The service is good and all guests are treated equally. The restaurants are very good and there is a variety of food to suit all tastes. The all inclusive package is excellent value for money; the Quarter Deck Bar has international and local drinks as do the restaurants. The environment is beautiful and relaxing.
We would recommend this Resort to anyone who would like a trip to Mauritius

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Curepipe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

We stayed at maritim for my birthday. We are a family of 4, including 2 babies. Except for a lousy check-in process, we experienced really good service. The hotel itself is beautiful with many activities to do. We went to the spa. It really was a bliss. The food was great. The one downside of the hotel is there is no lifts. So the trips up and down the stairs with twins and a double pram is a pain. Also, there are stairs and steps everywhere, not very convenient if you are travelling with a pram. Everything seemed quite far away and was a struggle to get to but we were never disappointed by the service we got. The staff are really nice and helpful. It's a great place to stay if you want to do loads of activities inc horse-riding etc

Room Tip: If you do not want to go up and down stairs, choose a room on the ground floor.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Mauritius
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Maritim Resort and Spa is a 25 hectares beachfront estate.It has 5 restaurants and 2 bars. The main restaurant is Belle Vue. You have buffet every night and its dress code is casual smart. Th hotel also have a fine dining restaurant in 'Chateau Mon Desir' where the dress code is elegant. This restaurant is integrated with the historical ruins of Balaclava. The front desk staff are very helpful and efficient.The check in was quite quick and the room was nice. I was on the prestige room in an all inclusive deal. The room consist of a king size bed for adults and sofa bed for children under 12 years old. There is a sliding door separating the bathroom with the bedroom. A bit awkward but it's their style. You have free access to certain drinks in the minibar if you are on the all inclusive package. The swimming pool is beautiful ,shallowest point being 70 cms and deepest point being 130 cms if I still remember correctly. The beach kiosk staff are very nice and will give you good advices. There are plenty activities ranging from archery to equestrian center. Horse riding for about 45 minutes is around R900. One negative point for me was the quality and variety of food at the Belle Vue restaurant. There was not much of a variety for the 3 days I spent there. Choices were very limitied when it came to desserts. However I would like to point out that if you are on an all inclusive package you can place an order anytime you want during the day. Taking this into consideration, it justifies the lack of varieties for the buffet. But the hotel is nicely located and the staffs very courteous.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Bedfordshire, England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We've just got back from 10 days at the Maritim and have had the most amazing time! I can see why they call Mauritius the Paradise Island as that's exactly what it was and for us and the hotel lived up to that too.

- The location is amazing. I'll upload a few photos but if you've had a look at the hotel you probably already know it's set in the most stunning location which looks out West over the ocean so you get to see the most amazing sunsets. It takes just under an hour to get there from the airport (assuming you go directly there).

- The hotel and grounds (which are BIG!) are beautiful. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, and there was even a lovely guy called Seewoduth who would rake the beach to try and get rid of any stones (among many other things we saw him doing!). The main buildings themselves have been finished to a very high standard. The reception area opens out to the most amazing view (a very welcome sight after a very long journey!), and the main bar with it's thatched roof is a work of art! I'd definitely recommend going on the signed nature walk as that takes you up the river to the little waterfalls and the ruins (which appear very well maintained for ruins!). You can also have a nosy at the Giant Tortoises and the Horses which are up at that part of the resort, along with the extremely posh Chateau Mon Desir fine dining restaurant.The one thing that you might want to bear in mind is that there are a few steps that you'll need to go down and up to get around (not many). Not a problem at all if you're able bodied but might be a bit of a hindrance if stairs are difficult for you.

- Talking of the restaurants, we were really impressed by the quality of the food in all of them. We opted for a suite, which meant we had the 'Gourmet Passport dine around option'. What this meant was that we got to eat A la Carte at all of the restaurants (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner), and the food was always of a really high standard, with some of the meals I had being absolutely amazing (the rack of lamb in La Maree was sublime!). However, you don't have to have a suite to enjoy this, you can just pay to upgrade to the Gourmet Passport, or of course just stick with the standard all inclusive. This would get you all your food at the main Belle Vue buffet restaurant (we didn't really eat there much but the food seemed good), and then a certain amount towards the other restaurants. To be honest, if I was going back I'd definitely make sure I'd get the Gourmet Pass again, as I think it's well worth the extra.

- As I mentioned, we plumped for a Junior Suite (we've never done that before), and actually got upgraded on arrival to one of their theme suites called 'Namaste'. Not only was the suite amazing (with a minibar that included certain drinks that were part of the All Inclusive package), but the view from the very large balcony was stunning. The reason we went for the suite was the fact that you get the Gourmet Passport, and also you get to use the VIP beach (see below). However, as a happy bonus you also get 2 Butlers who are there to basically make your holiday go without a hitch. They can show you around (it's a big resort), make restaurant reservations, book the tours (and probably loads of other stuff we have no idea about) We had Dev and Sailesh and with the exception of one dinner reservation which went a little awry they were great, with one of them always on hand to sort anything out.

- I know that having a VIP Beach has caused some people some consternation on here when leaving reviews. If you didn't realise that it had one than I can understand how you might be a little miffed that you couldn't just go and sit where you want. However, I find it hard to believe that you could book a holiday at the Maritim and not realise, as when I was looking to book it was mentioned everywhere (hence why I plumped for a suite)! So, if you do know about it, then I'd suggest it's just like anything else - we didn't get really annoyed when we sat in Economy on our flight and saw people going into Business and 1st class. Yes, it would be nice to be up there but we chose not to pay for it and they did, so what's there to be annoyed about?! That all being said, I'd suggest whether you pay for it separately (which is an option), or do it by having a suite, it was SO worth it. The beds are the same I think, except these ones have a towelling matress cover on, and a towel, and a little pillow - and were by FAR the comfiest sunbeds I've ever had the pleasure of doing nothing on! We were also able to reserve a particular sunbed which was really handy. So if you like a particular spot then you know it's going to be there for you the next day, even if you have a late start. The best part of the VIP beach for us though were Jay and Dave, the beach 'butlers'. They were so unbelievably helpful and nothing was too much trouble. They'd even bring out drinks that they think you'd like to try (on top of what you'd asked for), as well as bringing around some little nibbles later in the afternoon. Like everyone else they were always working hard but seemed to always be smiling and happy, and they really did add to the chilled out happy vibe.

- On that note, the level of service we received across the board was exceptional and really did make our holiday. Every single person we came into contact with were so helpful and genuinely friendly - they couldn't do enough for us, and always had a smile on their faces, despite working really hard. With the exception of the beach, we probably spent most of our time in La Maree (the beachfront restaurant), and Rakesh, Ismael and Ishwaree all were fantastic (to name just a few). My wife is allergic to Gluten so it made things a little more tricky, however they were always quick to check what was okay and what wasn't, and Ishwaree always remembered too, so would bring out some GF free bread without us having to ask. A small touch but a really nice one. Rakesh also stood out as he found out that we were there for my wife's 30th birthday which had happened a few months before, so cracked open the bubbly over lunch which was a really nice touch.

- If you're an active type there's loads to do, a lot of which is included. There's a whole activity calendar if you're that way inclined, so you could go on organised bike rides, runs, try archery, play volleyball etc. We took it more easy, however I did have a go at Waterskiing, we went on the glass bottomed boat, and I went on the snorkelling trip, all of which is included. One of the highlights for me was taking a Kayak up the river towards the waterfalls. The river really widens out and you got a completely different view of some of the resort and it's really peaceful. There's also a decent gym (by hotel standards), so if you like to workout there's a decent variety of dumbbells, a few decent quality machines and some cardio stuff. Again I'll whack some photos up in case anyone's interested.

- Do also make sure you go on a tour. We just did it via the hotel and took a private taxi around all of the main sights around the South of the island. It took most of the day but was fantastic. As Raj, our taxi driver, dropped us off at each location he would explain what we were going to be seeing and where to go, and then would leave us to wander off and come back in our own time. We've never done a tour like that before but it suited us perfectly. We even got back for the last bit of sunshine on the beach! It cost around £70 to do it that way (in total), but it was absolutely money well spent. The island really is worth seeing!

Anyway, I seemed to have rattled on for ages so I'll call it a day there I think! If you're still reading, I'd say that if you're looking for a little slice of paradise, then you'd be hard-pressed to beat the Maritim. Just save up and get a couple of the extras (VIP beach and Gourmet Passport), or just go for it and treat yourself to a suite, and I'm sure you'll have an amazing time. We've been lucky enough to go to some lovely places, but for me, the Maritim and Mauritius I think has taken top spot, in no small measure to how special we were made to feel with the amazing service we received from everyone at the hotel. :-)

Room Tip: The Namaste suite was amazing with some of the most spectacular views of sunsets across the ocean th...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Leicester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We have just returned from 2 weeks at the maritim. We were upgraded to a privilege room, which was lovely and well appointed. This hotel has numerous restaurants and although we didn't go to all of them, the ones we did were excellent. All staff are extremely courteous and well trained making you feel special. We had a minor complaint which was dealt with quickly and extremely well handled by Antje and Bhim. Special thanks to Kumar in La Banyan and Deven in Belle Vue.
The beach is lovely, La Maree was our favourite restaurant and bar, what a view. The diving centre was well run with some lovely dives.
The bar and beach staff were great, anticipating your order efficiently. It was easy to book a taxi and can recommend visits to the botanic gardens, port Louis and grand bay.
The hotel has wonderful grounds, with the ruins well worth a visit but make sure you spray with anti mosi before you go. Wiki everywhere which was great.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone. The staff are amazing and really make a visit to this hotel worth while.

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Been to Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius? Share your experiences!