We spent a week and a half of our Honeymoon at the Maritim, Like most we spent hours reading reviews and looking at pictures trying to find the perfect hotel, I am pleased to say all the hours paid off the Maritim was the perfect destination for our Honeymoon everything was perfect from the moment we stepped foot in the reception until the day we left. on arrival we were given ice cold drinks and a cold cloth (perfect after a long flight) as honeymooners we were upgraded to a suite (Which was amazing) All the staff are very polite and could not do enough for us.
The Spa is very relaxing and the treatments were very very good especially the full body massage, My only complaint would be that the Spa pool was cold but this is personal preference.
All the restaurants are very good but a couple of highlights would be La Maree on the beach we had lunch and dinner here both were perfect, Again as honeymooners we were given a voucher for the Chateau (Fine Dinning) by far my favourite meal of the honeymoon the food was fantastic the service was great and restaurant is lovely. I know a lot of the reviews say the food in the main restaurant gets a little boring if you stay more than a week I can understand why they would say that as every Monday is the same and every Tuesday etc but there is plenty of choice and the quality is very good.
If you have time and are feeling romantic the magic moments are worth looking into we had an evening meal with our own private waiter over looking Turtle Bay to mark our one week of marriage, The food was very good and our waiter made the evening just perfect on our return to the room the bed had rose petals on a very nice and personal touch.
There are plenty of activities such as water skiing, Pedalows, snorkelling which are all free to keep you amused and the staff who run them are all really friendly and very helpful.
Our overall experience was fantastic I can't recommend the hotel highly enough we would return again tomorrow if given the option.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean… Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded ‘Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius’. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed …ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from ‘feet in the sand’ beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant ‘Château Mon Désir’.Pamper yourself in its ‘Maritim Tropical Flower Spa’, an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. MAaritim Hotel Mauritius …your holidays… beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Tingo, Orbitz, Despegar.com, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Agoda so you can book your Maritim Hotel Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius Balaclava