We stayed at this hotel for 14 days wef 06/11/13 and overall had a wonderful time, we are well travelled and this being our first time to Mauritius were looking forward to exploring the island and sights.
We travelled from Glasgow via Dubai and onto Mauritius with Emirates - flight was long however glad of the break when we reached Dubai with a 3 hour window to stretch your legs and grab a coffee before the next exciting leg. We prefer to do it this was as we stop over for a couple of days on the return in Dubai.
Upon arrival we where greeted by Brian who checked us in very speedily and explained the hotel info also handed us a book with info re hotel and restaurant, to be honest we where both glad of this as your that shattered I don't think we took any info in. We also met our rep which was Pascal - Hayes and Jarvis who we booked with outsource their reps to a tours company which seemed to work really well, Pascal was very patient and helpful throughout our stay.
- rooms very clean and big we upgraded to a prestige room and would defo recommend.
- excellent friendly staff - has to be a 1st with impeccable customer service skills.
- restaurants & food excellent with lots of choice and variety at belle vie (standard daily restaurant) - we took advantage of the gourmet pass and had a meal in la mare beach for steak night & banyan (Asian) x 2 which was just fabulous would definitely recommend.
- quarterdeck bar was nice to relax and what the sunset with a beer / glass of vino / coffee.
- pool and infinity just fab and sun beds plentiful if you are ready to get some rays from 8 am onwards.
- beach clean and sun beds plentiful (coral beach - please note wear your aqua shores).
- lots & lots of sporting activities readily available if you want them.
- gourmet pass - book as soon as you arrive we tried the day after landing to book a restaurant for the Friday ( our 11th wedding anniversary) to no avail they where booked fully 5 days in advance - this was very disappointing.
- entertainment was really low and repetitive if your there 14 days plus.
- appears to be lots of rules albeit very minor of re what type of drinks you can have and where depending on times (hot or cold).
Trips (be aware traffic jams via port Louis)
- We hired a driver and vehicle thanks to Pascal via Summertime Tours - visiting the north of the island and the hotel provided us a packed lunch for the day.
- our driver Kevin stopped at the side of the road and purchased lychees fruit as we had never tasted it - wonderful and in season.
- defo visit Port Louis worth a visit sightseeing and shopping - at the fort try / purchase the vanilla rum - it's super.
- Grande Baie - apart from visiting the church and seeing the fabulous scenario we personally wouldn't bother - like Blackpool with sunshine.
- visit to conservation trust & Coco island which was lovely, we also had some fabulous food on this island, breath taking views however was a little disappointed with snorkelling as the coral was all dead.
On the whole a lovely restful relaxing very hot 2 weeks in beautiful Mauritius. Special thanks to all the great staff in particular the pool / beach guys who tend to your every need without being asked, Brian on the reception and guest service team. My lovely lady in quarter deck bar - Brinda who new coffee time daily for myself and hubby - really lovely lady with excellent customer service. Not forgetting our room man who kept the room spotless. Vitesh and his great personality & customer service, the banter re footy - thanks for making our stay special.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Mauritius Hotel
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius Balaclava
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean… Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded ‘Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius’. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed …ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from ‘feet in the sand’ beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant ‘Château Mon Désir’.Pamper yourself in its ‘Maritim Tropical Flower Spa’, an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. MAaritim Hotel Mauritius …your holidays… beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Maritim Hotel Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.