We got married in the Maritim in November 2012 and spent more than two weeks there.
The level of service is just outstanding and I will never forget the wonderful Madhavi, who helped us plan every aspect of our wedding.
While the buffet restaurant is excellent and provides a good variety, it is definitely worth trying both the beach restaurant and Chateau Mon Desir. Especially the latter is an experience in its own league and honestly one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. We had our wedding dinner there but went back on our last night as well and both times were treated like kings.
The spa is very relaxing and there is a great selection of treatments. The jacuzzi, sauna and steam room are free of charge and normally there are only a few people there so it is nice spot to unwind. We both had quite a few different treatments and they all were amazing. In addition, I was also prepped for my wedding by the team in the spa (using the bridal suite) and they really did a fantastic job.
Our Virgin rep was also very-very helpful and we did quite a few excursions. The most amazing was the submarine experience - I would definitely recommend it. The guides are good and knowledgeable but they sometimes end up only talking to 2-3 people from the group and that may be frustrating.
The rooms are kept clean and they are very comfortable. We asked for a quiet room and we were not disappointed. However, in our first (standard) room, we did have an issue with the ants that kept on coming. After about 10 days we even got an upgrade and spent the rest of our honeymoon in the presidential suite which was truly luxurious - you have your own sauna, jacuzzi on the huge terrace and so much space that we could have spent days without bumping into each other. :)
We also tried golfing, even had a private lesson with the best Mauritian golfer which was time and money well spent. Other entertainment options are also nice, we tried tennis, ping pong, snorkeling, kayaking and para sailing. Apart from para sailing, all of these of were included in AI. The beach is not great (but not bad either - probably not the best with kids) but there are beautiful views in the afternoon and early evening as the sun is setting. The pool is really nice though and we ended up spending most of our days there. The pool and beach service is also great, especially on days when they serve fresh coconut juice!
Overall, we had the holiday of a lifetime and will definitely go back for wedding anniversaries!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava