My husband, two year old daughter and i had been to Maritim hotel for three days on an all-inclusive package and i can say that it was a tremendously relaxing and enjoyable experience. The hotel has breathtaking views with the river and the turquoise sea waters but what was even more awe-inspiring to me was the convergence of both! The hotel compound is so immense that three days were not enough to visit the whole of Maritim estate! Lots of day-time entertainment and activities-you can even go for hiking within the hotel premises, with picturesque sights of the Citron river, the waterfall and of course the Balaclava ruins. Had a wonderful time doing watersports activities, much of which are free of charge. Great variety of continental food available in the hotel restaurants, however, i was a little bit disappointed with the selection of desserts: many of the pastries were repeated over the meals! room was o.k, quite spacious and simple (we went for standard room). could do with some colours however as i found it too bland and traditional to my taste. Hotel staff was ok too, though i found many of the staff members friendlier and more considerate towards foreign guests than with the local ones. They seem more than ever willing to help you if you are a foreigner than if you are a Mauritian. However, a big thanks goes to Meghduth of Belle Vue Restaurant to have been so helpful and to have catered to every of our needs. My baby had a delightful time at maritim especially at the lovely pool but unfortunately, there was no kids' pool as such and so my husband and i always had to keep a close watch on her. on the whole, we loved our stay at Maritim and would gladly recommend it! P.S Night-time entertainment was regrettably boring at Belle Vue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava