We have just returned from 4 nights at the Maritim which was the end of our honeymoon. Overall the hotel and facilities were excellent, the room in particular was fantastic (we were upgraded to a Privilege room).
We used the hotel stables twice and being able to ride a swimming horse in the sea was a fabulous, once in a lifetime experience. The horses are all ex racehorses and not the usual nags found in a riding stables in the UK!
The Maree restaurant was the 1 we used the most mainly because it did not have the number of children that there were in the main one. In fact our only gripe was the number of children there and because of this we would not recommend this hotel for honeymooners (other couples we spoke to agreed with this view). Maybe outside school holidays the situation is different but we can only comment on what it was like when we were there.
Also at this time of year the pool was very cold and would benefit from being heated. Hardly anybody was in the pool because of this.
The activities available at this hotel are extensive, particularly the watersports.
We ate at Le Chateau Mon Desir once which was a honeymoon gift from the hotel. However drinks were chargeable and the cheapest bottle of wine was £48, be warned!
Overall we would recommend this hotel for families wishing to have a more upmarket type of holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava