Visited the Maritim with our five year olds. I was looking forward to this holiday so much that there was a tiny concern that it wouldnt live up to my expectations. In fact it surpassed them! We had a truly wonderful holiday here.
Booked with Virgin who advised to fly with Emirates via Dubai. Were glad we did as the inflight service was very good especially the entertainment making a long journey with children very comfortable.
Hotel is in stunning 50 acres of tropical gardens, ruins, waterfall, riding stables and a few animals including giant tortoises that you can feed. Lovely long beach and views. Hotel has every facility you could want - we were there for 12 days and didnt try many of them. Spa is a destination in itself. Watersports, bikes, table tennis, croquet, archery etc all available. Lots of lovely features in the hotel, you turn a corner there is a hammock, or a river, or a book stand or a little restaurant or a shady spot under a palm tree.
Kids club is in a little thatched cottage on the beach. Our children enjpyed particularly going when Noelette was on duty as she was so muc fun. They also chose to have dinner with her and their kids club friends some evenings meaning we could have dinner on our own. Not loads of children at the hotel but enough that our children could make frinds to play with. Kids club activities included fishing, waterski-ing, pony riding and is open into the evening. On the first night people kept coming to the room bringing gifts for the children! cookies, spa slippers, t shirts, beach bags. Our children had a fantastic time on this holiday they loved the pool, kids club and their friends.
Ou room was lovely, its the first time we have shared with our children on holiday but there was plenty of room, the room was really nicely furnished and we appreciated the storage space in the dressing room and the terrace with views to the sea. Children slept on double sofa bed.
This was the first time we had been all inclusive and both the food and drinks were of an excellent standard. We ate at the Belle Vue and the Maree (on the beach). Maree is a lovely spot for breakfast (dolphins swam past one morning) right on the beach what a beautiful spot - how could breakfast be any better. Really nice service from the team there. Breakfast at Belle Vue also very good - huge range on offer. Overall we found the Belle Vue to have a wider range of food so chose to eat there most nights. We did pay a supplement for the lobster night at the Maree and it was a romantic spot to have dinner. The food at Belle Vue was really excellent. Lobster one night, large prawns, some of the best Indian food I have ever had, spit roast chicken and lamb, steak cooked to order, theme nights and the most delicious local food especially the fruit and veg- christophenes, pumpkins, paw paw salad - tropical fruits. Service excellent and sometimes live music. We had dinner as a family at La Maree one evening but overall we found the Belle Vue the best option for choice. Had no trouble getting reservations for La Maree but honestly think the dinner at Belle Vue is better, you can still go to La Maree for drinks or sit around the lovely bonfire they build at 9pm each evening on the beach.
We didn't eat at the oriental restaurant, le chateau de mon desir (fine dining) or the little Mauritian restaurant but the Mauritian restaurant looked a really charming spot and other guests spoke highly of all the restaurants. Entertainment is low key eg some musicians playing in the background.
Drinks - great cocktails, South African wines, iced coffee by the pool, mocktails and milkshakes for the kids, lattes and hot drinks if you want them. Inclusive drinks list was extensive and all the drinks were great.
Service at the hotel excellent staff are so friendly and the whole place is spotless they are constantly cleaning and gardening.
Pool is a lovely spot to see the views and relax. Never had any problems getting sun beds at pool or beach so the system of not allowing people to reserve sun beds was working well.
We did go out and about quite a bit - dolphin boat trip, sunset cruise, tour of the major places on the island and we got a taxi to another beach and to the waterfront in St Louis one day. There is a lot to see in Mauritius so its well worth taking the time for a look around.
We really loved the Maritim - the team there are charming, the food is excellent, location and facilities are fantastic, the atmosphere in the hotel was relaxing and friendly, weather was perfect, room was excellent and we all had a wonderful time. I can't think of anything negative at all and we would love to go back. Mauritius is worth the long journey and so is the Maritim.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Travelocity, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava