The service at the Hotel was fantastic. The people are very friendly and helpful. Not sure why a number of us did not have our rooms ready on time, so had to spend a couple of nights in a lesser room. The compensation we received was vouches to spend in the:- Spa massage, Dinner in restaurant Le Banyan, Dinner in the Chateau Mon Desir. The dinner in the Le Banyan, which a Asian fusion restaurant was terrible. The Dinner in the Chateau Mon Desir was not bad, but the portions were very small and the service was suppose to silver service, but the waiter did not put your serviette on your lap. In fact you had to move it before the waiter could serve the starter. the waiter also leaned over the customer to place the cutlery on the table. You also have a lesser menu in all of the above mentioned restaurants as it is complimentary. If you have a massage DO NOT ask for a hard one, because it bone crunching. If you are shy it may not be for you, as they totally expose your bum. A lot of the activities are free, but book early as they soon go.
The only criticisms we have is not many of the staff understand English very well and the resort is a way from any outside activities and taxis are not cheap. if they know you are a tourist. You can get a cheaper tour of the island if you go outside of the gate and talk to the taxi rank direct. We got a tour of the North and the South of the island for half the price the resort was charging.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava