My husband and I have recently returned from our 1st ever holiday together in Jan 2013 and I cannot express how deeply dissapointed we were with the Maritim. After reading the endless excellent reviews on this hotel I was sure that this was the hotel that we were going to stay at. It was going to be such a special time as we were going for our 1st anniversary as well as the honeymoon that we never had. We arrived at the hotel and were greeted with average charm, we were asked if we were there for a special occassion and advised that it was our 1st Anniversary on the 28th of Jan. I had requested from Dave the gentleman who was attending to our check in that I would like to upgrade our room and didnt mind what the costs implications were and it all went downhill from there. Dave never came back to me on whether or not he could assist us with a change of room, 2 days later we met Vikash who asked if all was well with our stay, we told him of our issue he didnt bother to get back to us either, so by then we had given up and decided to make do with our premium room , the green and gold sheets that you see on the pic are only there on the 1st day , there after its normal white sheets on the bed, which were not clean and I had to request for house keeping to please change the sheets. We also as luck would have had it had money and personal items stolen from our room, when addressing this with the manager on duty , the safe was checked and that was it , not even a consolation unless they had expected rose petals on the bed and a bottle of sparkling wine was good enough. When it came to our anniversary nothing special was planned by the hotel unlike so many reviews that I have read , it wasnt even notted on the system until I went to the front desk to enquire then we recieved rose petals and the towels in the shape of swans. To get bookings at the other restuarants apart from the main buffet is very difficult the hotel was not even prepared to accomodate us even on our anniversary. Everything was a fight, to get anything done was ridiculous , this really put a dampener on our special memories. Another tip is if you are watching your penny as we were forced to after the theft La Maree and Mon Desir are very expensive and the consession that you recieve from the hotel only covers a starter. I unfortunately cannot undo what has been done but I would never recommend this hotel as you might lose allot more than you bargained for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava