We stayed at the Maritim in October/November 2012 for our honeymoon.
We received a room upgrade from Prestige to a Suite because we were on honeymoon and several other treats. The quality of the rooms are fantastic and very clean. The staff are very attentive, polite and friendly. We ate in the buffet restaurant, La Maree Beach Restaurant and the Mon Desir Chateau - all were great. Personally, we preferred the Beach Restaurant, however, you have to book ahead for this. Breakfast on the beach was also fantastic and a lovely peaceful way to start the day.
A couples massage was given to us within our freebies, which was wonderful and I returned on my own twice for a full body massage, whilst my husband went scuba diving. We also tried the parasailing, operated from the hotel beach (great views of the bay and hotel) and hired mountain bikes with a tour guide on 2 separate occasions - one to the Pamplemousses Botanical Gardens, which was well worth it.
The stables next the chateau were so well maintained and the horses really well looked after - I went on an early morning ride, just one on one, which was lovely and I would definitely recommend going at this time, before it gets too hot.
Every Saturday, there is horse racing in Port Louis, so if you fancy a day out, it's lots of fun and the staff there really look after tourists. If you wear smart clothes (ie, trousers, no shorts for men), they will upgrade you to a box. We hired a taxi driver for the day, who took us to the market in the morning, waited while we looked around, then picked us up and took us to the Racecourse in the afternoon. He also waited at the Racecourse (actually, he came in with us, then went betting) and took us back to our hotel at the end of the day.
I wouldn't hesitate in returning to this hotel. Whilst it's mainly aimed at couples, especially weddings and honeymoons, children are also welcome and I would definitely return with my 6 year old daughter.
Book it - you won't regret it! My husband and I are so glad we did and we had a really special honeymoon, which, after all, is how they're meant to be.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Mauritius Hotel
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius Balaclava
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean… Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded ‘Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius’. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed …ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from ‘feet in the sand’ beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant ‘Château Mon Désir’.Pamper yourself in its ‘Maritim Tropical Flower Spa’, an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. MAaritim Hotel Mauritius …your holidays… beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, Tingo, Orbitz, Venere, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Maritim Hotel Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.