This is about the 10th. time that we have been to Maritim Hotel and always for short breaks After our last stay, the least we could do was to write a review to say how happy we were with the staff, equestrian centre/mini farm, restaurant, and spa .
After check in , we got our rooms immediately although we had arrived in advance. The reception staff were very friendly and did not hesitate to go out of their way to change our room for a better one. We were sent gifts -sparkling wine, plate of fruits, straw bag , and for my daughter she received a hat, juice and even a biscuit in the shape of a smiley . The room was spotless clean as was the hotel in general. A special mention to the reception staff -Laura, Brian , Cherina who have made those 3 days memorable .
I noted that the darts and "petangue" games had shifted closer to the La Maree Restaurant and that it was no longer necessay to walk to the sports kiosk to borrow the equipment. Having breakfast at La Maree was a plus as it is such a quiet place where you can just sit and watch the sea in the morning.It came as a good surprise that the service at La maree was faster than previously although when we are on holidays, time is not an issue. Dinner at Belle Vue was top with a very wide variety of food to satisfy the most difficult eater.
The highlight of my daughter's visit was of course the poney ride with Jean Francois and visit to the mini far. In August , we had our first ride with Jean Francois . It was raining but Jean Francois succeeded in making us overcome our fear of horses ,my apprehension of falling and we finally enjoyed the 1 hour ride. This time again, we were lucky to have him and thank him for his patience and professionalism. His assistant showed us around the mini farm and giant tortoises ,which are on the same premises as the stables , and we learnt things that we did not know about these gentle giants.
The only minus was our dinner on the first night at the new restaurant , Le Banyan . The food was not up to our expectations perhaps because my family is used to eating in Chinese restaurants and we had expected it to be of similar standard as at Chateau Mon Desir .
To finish, we will be back in January before school resumes as Maritim Hotel has become our favourite place .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean… Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded ‘Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius’. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed …ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from ‘feet in the sand’ beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant ‘Château Mon Désir’.Pamper yourself in its ‘Maritim Tropical Flower Spa’, an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. MAaritim Hotel Mauritius …your holidays… beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo, HotelsClick, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Maritim Hotel Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius Balaclava