From the moment we entered through the double gates, drove down the long drive and was greeted as soon as we stepped out of the mini bus we new that this place was special.
We arrived about 1:30pm our room was not quite ready but that did not matter one jot, we were given an ice tea and made to feel special. Our room 361 was really nice with a lovely view from the balcony.
The meals in the bell view where we had most of our meals were really good with plenty of choice, they had theme nights, thought i might struggle on the sea food nights as i am not a fish loves, however, the had alternatives in the form of lamb or chicken, we ate between 7:30 - 8pm and never had a problem being shown a table. Towards the back of the bell view restaurant was a new an excellent new restaurant called the Banyan ( Asian Fusion), 3 of us all adults had appetisers, starters and a main meal, with a bottle of wine and it costs with the all inclusive discount an extra 900Ru in total, which works out at £6 per person we went there twice.
We had breakfast and booked in on the beef night at the beach side restaurant called La Maree, thought the breakfast was overpriced as it was nothing special to be honest, however, the beef night was something else, we were shown the quality of the beef before it was cooked. We had starters,I had a massive T bone steak, my partner and her father both had fillet steaks which were all top quality and again with our all inclusive discount cost us an extra 900Ru. This was all topped off by a really nice trio coming round the tables singing requests.
We went to the Mon Desire towards the end of our two week stay as a treat, it was expensive but the food was really good, however, not sure it was worth the money though.
The poolside and the beach were really good and relaxing an excellent place to get in the all important sunbathing and no shortage of beds, we like to snorkel but this was only average, we went on the snorkelling trip but preferred it by the beach and most of the coral is unfortunately dead.
the staff were very attentive, pleasant and smiling especially Samy and sweetie (in the various bars) and cheya (waitress). We were asked about three quarters through our holiday how we were enjoying our stay all positive apart from one little thing, my partners dad wanted a nice blue cheese and biscuits to have after our evening meal to have with a glass of port, she took it on board and we thought no more of it until we meant for our evening meal to find a big slab of stilton with biscuits ( happy days).
Just one negative, towards the end of our second week they started to take drinks off the all inclusive that was previously included, now this never really effected us, however, it seems as though as the season goes on you will pay more for your holiday and the all inclusive package will not be quit as good and seems to me to be a little petty.
Having said the above the all inclusive package was well worth it, we found it difficult to spend money, we ate in every restaurant more than once and went deep sea fishing and still came back with all our travellers checks
If you go to the Maritim, you will not be disappointed and we would definitely be going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Despegar.com and Agoda so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava