This was our 2nd visit to the hotel, June 2010 & 2012, and we were made to feel very special from the point of check in to our departure. There have been a few changes since our first visit and all for the better. We were upgraded to a prestige room on both visits and cannot fault the accommodation.
The staff are always smiling and welcoming, nothing is too much trouble for them. Special thanks to Dave & Jay on the beach and pool areas, the assistant manageress (sorry we can't remember how to spell your name) who was very friendly and professional. The bar & restaurant staff were also very attentive. You must have a go at water skiing, the guys from the boathouse have the patience of saints!! For first timers it's a real sense of achievement when you manage to stay upright!!
Check out the bike tours with Vikram, he is very knowledgeable and friendly. Our cycle ride to the botanical gardens was well worth the money and surprisingly quite an easy ride. We also hired a local taxi for the day to take us to the south of the island (2100 rupees). Places we found of interest were the 33m high statue of a Hindu God (amazing), the national park area and the southern coastline.
Just a comment on a couple of the criticisms from other reviews - yes there are dogs on the beach which weren't there the last time we visited but we never felt uneasy when they were close by - just don't feed them or stroke them and they'll go away. We were told that the hotel were in the process of having them removed from the area. Having eaten in all food outlets we cannot fault the food and did not have or meet anyone with stomach upsets.
We decided that we would return in an other 2 years but are seriously thinking of going back next year as we cannot find a comparitive hotel with location, facilities, quality and value for money in the caribbean or far east. We would recommend this hotel for couples and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sparkling sandy beach, tropical gardens and the crystal clear turquoise waters of the Indian Ocean... Live the essence of a great island escape!Immerse yourself in this luxurious five-star beach and spa resort gently nestled within a picturesque private estate along the protected marine park of Turtle Bay.Enjoy a prime location on the sunniest and sheltered Northwest coast of the island between the capital Port - Louis and the lively village of Grand Bay and indulge in the pure nature of the historical estate of 25 hectares awarded 'Most Beautiful Garden of Mauritius'. Be spoilt by world-class accommodation with 215 luxurious rooms and suites as well as an exclusive villa, all sea facing and elegantly designed ...ideal to embrace the tropical ambiance of the island. Savour endless culinary delights during your journey with an exceptional selection of five exquisite restaurants and three bars ranging from 'feet in the sand' beach restaurants to Asian fusion and the exclusive fine dining restaurant 'Chateau Mon Desir'.Pamper yourself in its 'Maritim Tropical Flower Spa', an oasis of wellbeing offering exclusive treatments and stunning facilities to relax and unwind.Those seeking for active holidays will benefit from an infinite range of land and water sports offered such as horse riding, golf, archery, water ski, diving and many more!Whenever you are looking for relaxing or active holidays, this 5-star luxury hotel, part of Maritim Hotels, will offer you an exceptional array of facilities and experiences combined with the highest standards of service delivered with genuine Mauritian hospitality. Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius ...your holidays... beyond paradise ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maritim Mauritius Balaclava
- Hotel Maritim Mauritius
- Maritim Hotel Mauritius
- Maritim Resort & Spa Mauritius Balaclava