Stayed 4-14th March 2013.
This is a very small boutique resort which has been designed beautifully. It is very intimate,with emphasis place on privacy in its design. The rooms are lavishly furnished with attention to detail shown in the quality of furniture and furnishings. We are experienced travellers and seek out small intimate resorts so for us this was perfect. It definitely deserves its 5 star rating.
The food was excellent at all times and beautifully presented:Exquisite cuisine. I was hesitant that there was only one restaurant, but this is usually the case in such a small resort, but there was nothing to worry about here as every evening there were several choices and the menu changed daily. As the number of guests then the choices increased to cater for all tastes. There was always a vegetarian option and being "Gluten Free" myself posed no problems as the Chef and serving staff were very knowledgeable about this and adapted dishes (if necessary) to accommodate me.
We found ALL of the staff to be very polite, curtious and caring. In fact, it is difficult to single out individuals as everyone was so wonderful.......your greatest asset Angsana is your staff.Make sure you encourage them to stay with you because they are a very good team!
The Negative: If you enjoy walking this resort is very small and situated on a small stretch of beach with very little access in either direction. There is the advantage though of privacy and no beach hawkers!There is a lot of broken coral washed up each day making the sand rough but they do attempt to clear this every morning keeping it under control.
Some constructive criticism: The comments about the coffee are correct and we highlighted this with the management. It is un-necessary to make this small charge in the whole scheme of things and perhaps this will be addressed in the future.
Keep paying attention to the little things (waiting staff) and keep consistency throughout ones stay. use those beautiful butter dishes constantly..... butter presented in packets is not 5 star!
The spa pools would be better if warmer
It is expensive for drinks (particularly wines)
I would also have had more spa treatments had the prices been more realistic.
Overall expensive, having said this one is paying for excellent service, exquisite cuisine, luxurious surroundings and attention to detail. Would we return........most definitely.......tomorrow would be good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com, Agoda, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius