The hotel is small and cool but it's located in the middle of nowhere and you can't access it by public transport, the only way to get to the hotel and go out is by taxi wich is not cheap on Mauritius. From the airport we get to the hotel for 1500 rupies wich is 50USD or 38Euro. All the drivers wants at least 2000 rupies and than goes till the 1700 but I told them that we will go just for 1500 in a 5 minutes one of the drivers pic us up. The trip early in the morning (we arrived to SSR airport around 7am and sit into the cab at 8 took approximately 1 hour and 40 minutes to the hotel. It was a log of traffic jams on the way and I was surprised that the islands can have such traffic jams. The hotel is great, the service is good, the suites are great I have hever stayed at such big suites. The bathroom is cool, the terrace is big (we had a garden view suite). All the suites has a Nespresso machine and first 9 capsules for free, for the next capsules you need to pay. Hotel food from differet restaurants and bar rather expansive for a chicken breast and a hamburger (wich is tasty) and one healthy cocktail without alcohol and one espresso be ready to pay 1300-1400 rupies, San Pellegrino sparkling water cost 250 rupies. Hotel has a water pipe ( other words shisha or hookah) wich is cost 600 rupies excluding VAT and service charge. The taste not great but not bad. Hotel has 2 swimming pools and one swimming pool for kids. The only bad thing about the hotel is the beach, it is not like the beaches that you saw on the Internet about the Mauritian coast, no blue clear water :( so to see a good beaches you need to rent a car (good option) or get ready to pay a lot for the taxi, like to the famous beach Trou au Biches around 11 kilometers around 800 or 1000 rupies for one way ride, depends on the taxi service you choose, do not order taxi from reception it's gonna cost you more. I recommend to use the http://www.taxicabmauritius.com/ they have affordable prices. Like to Port Louis we paid 600 rupies and the taxi what guy from the reception called cost 1000 rupies one way. So if you want to stay at the quiet place with nothing around that hotel is a place to be and if you want some entertainment go for another hotel. Any way have a nice rest. Yes I will reccomend this hotel for those who wants to stay along the silence and peace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius