We stayed at the Angsana from 5th-12th December, and are so glad we chose this amazing hotel. On arrival we were warmly greeted, and received an updrade to a spa suite, which was stunning. The room was huge and very well furnished to solid 5 star standards. We have only ever stayed at much larger resorts in the past and found the smaller boutique style Angsana a very welcome change. I would definitely recommend renting a car (as we did) because Balaclava is much undeveloped and this keeps you well within touching distance of the surrounding area. We really liked the isolation as it’s private and peaceful unlike the larger resorts around the island. We drove everywhere and found the other resorts (although very nice) were so busy and commercialized and didn't offer the same intimacy of the Angsana. Being a smaller hotel, attention to detail and service was much more evident and the staff was always on hand to offer their help. We would particularly like to thank Kiran off the front desk, always so helpful during our stay, a real gent! He gave us some great recommendations each morning of what to see on the island. The hotel offers a half board package, and the food in the evening was exceptional, very tasty and always a different choice of menu each night. Breakfast was reasonable, but nothing out the ordinary. Typical buffet style with the extra choice of eggs, bacon etc. On Saturday nights (weather permitting) the hotel puts on a BBQ on the beach and entertainment, which was just superb, we loved it. We did have a few problems with mosquitoes as some other reviews mentioned, however, as soon as we added repellent and learned to keep the balcony door shut during the evening there was no further problems, so I really wouldn’t be deterred by this.
On the last day we decided to try the water sports, which are complementary to all hotel guests, great fun! Away from the hotel I would recommend visiting Casela National Park and booking to walk and interact with the loins, this was truly a once in a lifetime experience. We also booked the quad bikes in the same park and the guide lets you get off and interact with the animals in the reserve (giant turtles etc) . We also tried sea karting in the southwest part of the island, which is a must, and also gives you the opportunity to snorkel at Le Morne bay. We will always remember our wonderful holiday to Mauritius and especially our stay at the Angsana and we sincerely hope to be back in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on the northwest coast of Mauritius, in the secluded area of Turtle Bay, Angsana Balaclava offers a hideaway ideal for travellers looking for privacy and relaxation. Angsana Balaclava is the island’s premier boutique resort – the latest 5-star resort on the Mauritian landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelocity, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Angsana Balaclava Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Angsana Balaclava Hotel Balaclava
- Angsana Balaclava Mauritius