We stayed here in October for 1 week on our honeymoon after being in Dubai.
The rooms are lovely, clean and comfortable with all modern furnishings and the bathroom is very big and clean. Our balcony was facing the ocean over looking the gardens.
The gardens are well manicured and there are plenty of loungers on the beach and around the pools. The main pool has its own bar, where you can swim up and also get various bars foods/snacks.
The other pool is heated, which was lovely on the cloudy days.
The spa was really nice and had the usual sauna/steam and jacuzzi. We had a couples back massage which was great.
All the staff are very helpful and friendly. Great wifi in the main area of the hotel. Great entertainment with various different themed nights.
We upgraded from half board to all inclusive when we arrived, which was a great. Lots of cocktails available and varied selection on the all inclusive.
The hotel has its own water sports, you can water ski, pedalo, canoe, windsurf, snorkel etc. Again the team who run this are very friendly and you can also scuba at a price. They have their own glass bottom boat.
The best thing about this hotel for us has to be the restaurants and the food. You have senso which tends to be the buffet and breakfast restaurant, with a very side selection and different themed nights. You then have an Indian restaurant which the food is beautiful and even better again, it if is possible, the Asian restaurant was just unreal, the quality and taste of the food was delicious. Then also have a further restaurant which was more seafood based and you can also get breakfast here, which were both equally as nice. As stated before you can also get snacks at the pool bar.
All in all a great week away, great staff, great food, great setting. As we had such a busy time in Dubai we did nothing but relax at the Intercontinental. We had one day out where we got a taxi and spent the day at the grand baie, which was lovely.
The hotel is approx an hour from the airport and costs approx 2,000 rupees each way.
Thank you to Shane and the team for an enjoyable and unforgettable stay, special thanks to the bar staff Ravi, Anoop, Arvin and Swadesh.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava