We stayed here for 9 nights all inc. for our honeymoon and all in all had a great time.
PROS - the hotel itself is very nice and our room was lovely no complaints other than trees blocking the view of the ocean but we were never in the room so wasn't a problem.
The staff were all amazing to us and so friendly and always said hi and went out thier way to make you feel at home, especially Vinesh at the bar was a lovely lad who looked after us.
The pool is amazing and at night we would go and use the other pool which is heated and it would just be the 2 of us most of the time which was nice.
We went out snorkelling a few times which was amazing and saw eels and a turtle amongst other colourful fish.
We had a couple of massages in the spa which was amazing and they were really good at a relatively good price.
In regards to the cleaning , the rooms were always kept clean and they even came to turn room down in evening if wanted.
The food was great and we ate in the senso buffet a lot and there is plenty of choice especially curry which for me was great! Also the other restaraunts were of good standard and i cant fault any of the food.
The guys all made nice cocktails and being all inc was definatley ideal as these were all covered as was the food.
Unfortunately the talk about the flies is true and they were irritating during the day by the pool and parts of the beach near the main pool especially if i was eating lunch! There aren't thousands but enough to be annoying but some people didn't seem fazed by them.
I feel this could easily be resolved with a bit of thought.
The biggest letdown was the beach which i did know about before i left after reading reviews but it was really stony and I couldn't walk on it barefoot, plus you cant really venture out into the water because it is enclosed in.
Other than these few points we had an amazing time and loved it there especially a day excursion we took to the most beautiful place, an island off the east coast called Il aux cerfs via a catamaran which was well worth it with good food cooked for us and some snorkelling involved aswell, a must do if go to mauritius.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The InterContinental Mauritius Resort Balaclava Fort is located on one of the most pristine stretches of beach overlooking Balaclava, Mauritius. Offering 210 well-appointed rooms including 10 presidential suites, 40 family-type, 20 Jacuzzi rooms, 20 Executive rooms with free WiFi and 120 standard rooms. Facilities include: 3 bars, 5 restaurants, 2 swimming pools including one heated pool, 8 massage rooms, a unique private island, Planet Trekkers kids club, recreational activities, tennis court, 4 meeting rooms & 1 ballroom. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline and Jetsetter so you can book your InterContinental Resort Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental Mauritius Resort, Balaclava Fort Hotel Balaclava
- Intercontinental Hotel Mauritius
- Intercontinental Hotel Balaclava
- InterContinental Resort Mauritius Balaclava